cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Sybase][ODBC Driver]Null ini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have issue with connecting to Sybase ASE after upgrading from base IQ 16 to SP03.

Unable to connect to server 'SYBASE_ASE': [Sybase][ODBC Driver]Null ini

file or ini file not found in $SYBASE or current directory

SQLCODE=-656, ODBC 3 State="HY000"

Valid .odbc.ini file exists in $SYBASE as well as in $HOME or in current directory.

Does anyone have same issue with SP03?

Driver used is libsybdrvodb.so which is pointing to Sybase ASE DataAccess64/lib and is properly loaded with LD_LIBRARY_PATH.

Thanks,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

c_baker
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

The IQ SP03 install does not contain any ASE ODBC driver components.  Most likely you have a path conflict.

When you install, do you use a different $SYBASE home directory for the IQ installation vs. the ASE installation?  If so, check which $SYBASE is in use, as that points to the 'interfaces' file in use.  Your DSN my be using the interfaces name of the ASE and not the host/port.

i.e. the IQ.sh script in the $SYBASE used by IQ will call the $SYBASE/SYBASE.sh when it runs.  If you install to a different $SYBASE directory for IQ, then this $SYBASE does not contain an interfaces file.

Correct your paths or copy the interfaces file from the ASE $SYBASE directory to the IQ $SYBASE directory.

Chris

markmumy
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

You may also want to check out Rob V's write-up on this.  It doesn't mention IQ 16, but is still valid.

http://www.sypron.nl/iq_ase_odbc.html

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

Rob's link is in my bookmark have tried almost everything which I could think of.  Have been setting CIS between IQ and ASE for many years... since 15.4 it always give me hard time..

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

I am not sure where my response disappeared. .. I have separate SYBASE home for IQ and ASE. All interfaces and odbc.ini flies are local to IQ. I'm only using ASE libraries to load odbc driver....

Thanks

saroj_bagai
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Abhijit,

You can look at this doc for setting up connection between IQ and ASE

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-49096

Thanks

Saroj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, Saroj.... I was able to resove the issue.

There seems to be issue with naming .odbc.ini / odbc.ini file. Was there any change in file naming convention? iqdsn by default creates .odbc.ini file.....