cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

production order put away in WM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is it possible to directly put-away a production receipt to a Bin? Meaning if i do a CO11N it will confirm to Storage type 100 and bin ABC directly without going through the interim Bin which is the storage type 902 and production order number?

I don't think its possible based on what I know but I want to confirm.

Does it have to go through the interim bin in 902?

<removed by moderator, read the forum rules>

Message was edited by: Jürgen L

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Every movement will go through the respective interim Sloc however, if you flag the mvt for auto TO, it will 'pass' through the interim Sloc directly into the required receiving location.

Cheers

mihailo_sundic
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Of course you can do this.
For your movement type 101 define storage type 100 as interim storage type and bin ABC as fixed bin.
Disable TO creation and you will have stock in your storage type 100 with every goods receipt.
You can play around with these settings to match your requirements, but the basic rule for this is to maintain interim storage type for movement type 101 as ST 100, and assign bin as ABC. Then disable TO creation.
You will be able to reallocate stock from 100 to any other ST and bin by using LT01, LT10 etc.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, this will work but I'm not convinced it would be the best solution as all materials would be placed into bin ABC and you would have to transfer everything out to the correct bin.

I think it would be better to flag the mvt for auto TO and amend the receiving storage type so that placement confirmation is not required. The defined search strategies and any capacity checks would then be utailised, along with the individual bin numbers from the MMR.

Cheers

Former Member
0 Kudos

......... also, if there were any errors during TO creation, the stock would sit in the interim storage location and by default, advise the Business that there has been an error that needs rectifying.

Cheers