cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fixed Day in a week as Delivery date in Purchase Order.

former_member459660
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear All

I have the below requirement

For a material/ vendor combination users would like see  always a fixed day as delivery date in Purchase Order.

For  example for a Material X and Vendor Y always Wednesday of the week should be delivery date.

Whether this can be achieved ?

Can you please let me know your thoughts on this

Regards

Shyam

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

sap_pp13
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Shyam, SAP offers a standard solution for the same which is an extension of MRP and the procedure is called Time-phased planning.

As long as you do not have Multi-sourcing option like same material supplied by 2 diff vendors you can think of checking this option. In addition to a planning calendar, SAP expects you to use what is called as a delivering calendar to ensure that deliveries are on specific day/s.

You can look for a document on Time-phased planning  in the PP forum to know further.

Going through the document will give an idea of how to create calendars also which would answer your other open question also.

Note that the process starts from MRP/Planning and not directly at the time of purchase order creation.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please go through this old post which has remarks to this request a workaround and even the poster updated with his solution:

former_member459660
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Jurgen

Thanks for referring to the post.

But actually my requirement is bit more specific. For material-vendor combination the deleivery date should be a particular day in a week

Ex : Material X and Vendor X1 = Monday

Material Y and Vendor Y1=Tuesday

This requirement I believe is quite difficult in achieving  for a PR from MRP. That's why I put the question as whether we can achieve this when we convert the MPR PRs to PO s ?

Please let me know your thoughts on this

Regards

Shyam

ravindra_devarapalli
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I hope below solution is helpful to you.

Create one Maintenance Table  with parameter material and vendor and day ( whether monday or etc).

Ask ABAPer to develop BADI :  ME_Process_PO_CREATE. In this BADI in interfaces delivery schedule write code : from maintenance  table if the entry is there then check day whether it is matching to our calendar day . If it is not matching then throw error message " delivery date should be " mention day" : Please change the delivery date.

Regards,

Ravindra

former_member459660
Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Ravindra for the proposal

Our first option was to see if we can achieve this without any custom development.

Do you have any idea in this regard?

Shyan

ravindra_devarapalli
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I hope in standard , there is no way to achieve this.

How system know for which material and vendor on particular day as a fixed day. You should be maintain on maintenance table  or else how system understand .

I hope finally only as custom development .

I think for other requirement you already developed the this BADI in PO . Just check BADI developed in PO or not . If it is there then it is very easy to achieve your requirement.

former_member183424
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Just because of you want a particular day... Then you have to go for a development...

You can also use any user exit.

Can be achieve through a smart coding.

As you want to vendor and material combination, then info record will be most prior for development..

former_member459660
Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Ravindra

BADI development technically is not an issue. Can achieve that.

Just thinking on other aspects of the project...anyways thanks again...I will check the development part and get back

Shyam

former_member183424
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It will not be a particular day (like as Wednesday), But you can specify the planned delivery time in info record.. It will be calculated with current delivery date...