cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP instance getting stop after some time....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Installed SAP on Cluster .SAP runs fine before and after switchover cluster when we do manually.

Problems comes after scripting ,While starting SAP Instance with SCript its work fine but after some time instance get fail.

And error comes

15:09:55

/usr/sap/SID/SCS01/exe/sapcontrol -prot NI_HTTP -nr 01 -function Stop

05.03.2014 15:09:55

Stop

OK

-------------------------------------------

15:09:57

Instance on host insapr3pi01 stopped

-------------------------------------------

15:09:57

Waiting for cleanup of resources

And it stop instance after some time.We are using Veritas (VCS cluster).Its continously search for cleanup of resources!!!!!!!

Regards

Adil

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

srinivasan_vinayagam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Team,

Some register file is missing..Please check with Microsft Support Team.

Reagan
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Problems comes after scripting

Check what the script does or ask the person who made the script how the script is called.

Regards

RB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Reagan/Juan,

Thanks for suggestion.

Sap instance start by that script but after sometime it give message in cluster software that Waiting for Cleaning of Resources.And after sometime it shutdown that instance.

No idea why its give that message!!!?

Any Suggestion pls let me know!!!!

Regards

Adil

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

but after sometime it give message in cluster software that Waiting for Cleaning of Resources.And after sometime it shutdown that instance

In my experience a resource cleanup will only be triggered when a shutdown command has been called, anything going on in the developer traces in SAP before this happens ?

Regards, Juan

Reagan
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Adil,

You need to read the script. if you are unable to interpret the script then ask the script author what the script does.

It appears to me that you have a badly coded script in place for the stop and start of SAP.

The script should not do a cleanup of shared memory segments after starting SAP and this will crash the system.

The cleaning of  shared memory segments is only required when the SAP has been stopped.

Regards

RB

Former Member
0 Kudos
Sap instance start by that script but after sometime it give message in cluster software that Waiting for Cleaning of Resources.And after sometime it shutdown that instance.

Hi Adil,

When an external application (in this case SAP NetWeaver) is clustered with VCS, there are options to execute scripts at various operation cycles of the VCS agent for the application in question.  I would recommend reviewing the application group configuration, corresponding VCS logs, as well as the path to the scripts and their content.

I can assist from VCS perspective if the question still stands.

Regards,

Villi

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Adil,

What you showed above is not an error, something is calling a script for a clean instance shutdown. You might want to see what happened before that.

You might want to talk to the 3rd party vendor.

Regards, Juan