cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Effect of removing header and group condition checks in condition type

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

We have a Discount condition type which is Header/Group and Item condition as well. Till date business use to use it as header conditions and only in recent times we found that there are some inconsistencies at Invoice level, due to addition of another line item at SO level.

Because of which we decided to make the Discount condition type as only item condition(header/group check boxes removed). I have tested few scenarios in sandbox after making the configuration changes and found that the new SO created and billed are fine as per expectation. But the open orders which were partially delievred and billed showing inconsistencies at Invoice level when tried to delievr and bill the rest of the pending quantity.

Queries:- 1) What happens to the open SO, when the Header and Group condition check boxes are removed and what will be the system behaviour?(Though i have tested few scenarios myself but unable to understand the system behaviour)

2) Now we have convinced the business on using the Discount condition type as item condition(without removing the header/group check boxes in the configuration). But we also need to make sure that user by mistakly does not enter the Discount condition type at header instead of item. I know that this can be restricted throught user exits, kindly let me know which user exit will fulfill my requirement. 

Regards,

Amit K S

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

For any configurational change you make, system will always consider documents that are created after that.  Having said this, you need to close all open sale orders, create new sale orders and do billing.

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear G. Lakshmipathi Sir,

I'm aware of the fact that all the open orders need to be closed before moving the changes to PRD system. But my question remains still same.

Now we have convinced the business on using the Discount condition type as item condition(without removing the header/group check boxes in the configuration). But we also need to make sure that user by mistakly does not enter the Discount condition type at header instead of item. I know that this can be restricted throught user exits, kindly let me know which user exit will fulfill my requirement.

kindly help me on this query.

Regards,

Amit K S

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I'm closing this thread as with the below user exit its possible to restrict the user to key a header condition at header level of SO wihtout unchecking the Header condition check box in V/06.

Thanking you all for your support on this issue.

Regards,

Amit K S

shashi_thakur
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Amitks,

If you do not intend to let the user use the Condition type as a Header Condition, then why do you want to continue using the Header Indicator in the Configuration?

Regards,

Shashi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Shashi,

Appreciate your support. Coming to your query, yes we do not intend to let the user use Condition type as a Header Condition due to inconsistencies at invoice level.

We cannot remove the Header Indicator in the Configuration, since there are so many open orders which will get effected. we have tested this and found more inconsistencies prevail for open oders. for newly created SO the changes are working fine. That is the reason we are not removing the Header Indicator in the Configuration as of now.

Hope i have clarified your query.

can we use

"MV61AFZA"  include " userexit_pricing_check "to restrcit the user to enter a condition type at header level?

Regards,

Amit K S

shashi_thakur
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Amitks,

userexit_pricing_check is to check the values of the condition types which have been determined, so I am not sure if that will be the best place to do this. You can ask your Developer to do the following: Add the condition type in the Header and then go into debug mode and and check if you can make a enhancement implementation at a suitable place to modify XKOMV, before it impacts the line item level details. I will also try it out and get back.

Regards,

Shashi

Former Member
0 Kudos

how to restrict the user to enter the condition type only at item level but not at header level how...? ow to do it ?   what is the userexit name.. and what logic should be implemented in that userexit...

thanks in advance

regards

raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Raj,

how to restrict the user to enter the condition type only at item level but not at header level how

The above can be achieved through configuration only. In order to restrcit a particular condition type only at item level, we just need to make the condition type as item condition by checking the item check box in V/06(Condition type defining). Make sure that the header check box is unmarked.

We do not need any user exits to perform this, but myrequirement is different and that is hwy asking experts help on this.

Hope i have clarified your doubt.

Regards,

Amit K S