cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Row consolidations of same material in storage bins.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

we have a requirement below,

.     Current Process:  Inventory Analysts utilize an established query in SQ00 to enable them to perform row consolidations of same material in storage bins to maximize storage bin capacity and create empty storage bins in warehouses .

Example: Row 621 only has 1 pallet and that pallet will fit in row 625(Row) of which only has 31 but the max is 32 in that bin.  Again you see bins 725 and S-27(material) only have 1 pallet each and can fit easily in 715 as it only has 15 pallets but can hold 32.

.       The analyst take the data from this query and manually create a Row Movement sheet to give to the forklift drivers to perform the assigned movements.

1) is it possible SAP to do automate this task?

2)Can SAP logically determine this equation?

3) Is it possible SAP to generate this spreadsheet and go ahead and create the TO in the background?

Please do the need full ASAP, Quick response is highly appreciated .

Thanks and Regards,

Chiranjeevi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

mihailo_sundic
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

And yes you can automate the report execution too by scheduling it in SM36WIZ t-code.
But I figure that maybe you already knew this, just felt it was good to mention it if you
plan on executing it regularly.

mihailo_sundic
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Of course you can do this, but not with SQ based reports.

You will need to code a custom ABAP report.
First you will need to find best matches in storage bins, then use BAPI for TO creation.
You will easily have all the info from the source and destination bins from your matching
table/data. You can search forums for more info on this BAPI, but I can tell you it is pretty
easy to use even for an inexperienced ABAP-er.

I have created a report for this in my company a while ago, but didn't implement automatic
TO creation since we wanted to give our WH people freedom and didn't want to create a huge
amount of TOs which need to be cancelled if WH workers don't have time to perform this action.

But this is a great tool for any warehouse, especially with bulk non-mixed storage types with
a large number of bins.

Regards

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

For quicker response you should have post this query in Logistics Execution. This is not related to SD but to Logistics execution. Let some moderator move it there.

Thank$