cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zipping the output payload and Unzipping the incoming payload with HTTP_AEE Receiver adapter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Expert,

I have a synchronous scenario(ABAP proxy to HTTP_AEE) to send the payroll of the employees to bank. As payroll payload size will be huge, I need to Zip the outgoing payload to bank, also I need to unzip the incoming payload(response) from the bank, because bank will be sending the response in zip format.

As I am using HTTP_AAE receiver adapter, therefore HTTP_AAE receiver adapter needs to zip the output payload as well as unzip the incoming payloads from bank.

I understand we have PayloadZipBean , to do zip and unzip, and we can configure it under module tab, however I just want to clarify the below point.

1- Can I do zip and unzip both under the  HTTP_AAE receiver adapter, if yes then what will be the order? I mean first zip then unzip right?

2- Has anyone used PayloadZipBean with HTTP_AAE receiver adapter in sync mode, if yes, please share you experience.

3- I need to name ZIP file after zipping as "PRMSG" , how can I give name in HTTP_AAE adapter, I have tried with zip.filenameKey but it didn't work.

Thanks,

Farhan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member181985
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Farhan,

May be you can try as per below. The content type can be set either in mapping program or using messagetransformation bean

Regards,

Praveen Gujjeti

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

Thanks a lot for the response, seems I can rely on this PayloadZipBean  for my requirement.

One more question, As I have already created the HTTP response and Proxy response structure message type, moreover message mapping has been created to map these. So, once I will receive the response from bank, in zip file format, and when PayloadZipBean will unzip the convert it to XML payload, do I need to do anything else to map it my response structure?

Thanks,

Farhan

former_member181985
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, you would require a mapping program if HTTP response structure and proxy response structure differs.

Regards,

Praveen Gujjeti

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

Thanks again. My structure is same, though I have used the mapping program. Only thing I was looking that, do I need to do any additional thing if I am using because PayloadZipBean to unzip the input payload. But it seems if you have a mapping program we do not need any additional effort.

Thanks a lot Praveen. You have answered all my question, however, I will test it and will close the thread.

Regards,

Farhan

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Farhan

In addition to Pravaan, you can set the zip file name as documentation said:

contentType

For example, the content type is Content-Type: text/plain; name="name.txt".

The name of the compressed file is name.zip.

In my opinion, i dont like to work with huge messages in synchronous interfaces. Why don''t change the ABAP code and to send several files and calls with for example only 100 records per call?

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Inaki Vila,

Thanks a lot for you input. As you have suggested sending several payroll files, I have asked to bank, but they did not accepted, anyways I like you your suggestion.

Thanks,

Farhan