cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Preference Duty rates

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have to upload the preference duty rates specific to NAFTA,ALADI, EUR manually.

Please let me know where exactly in the GTS system we maintain these duty rates.

Regards

Nag

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member215181
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nag,

Assuming that you are using GTS 10, you maintain the Duty Rates in the Customs Management > Classification area.

Choose tab "Classification Master Data", and find "Maintain Customs Duty Rates" at the right-hand side of the screen.

It's most efficient to maintain the rates at Country Group level - of course you need to have set up suitable Country Groups containing the relevant countries - and you will use Duty Type 'B200'.

In the data record, your choice for the "Type of Pref. Doc." will depend on how you have set up the Code List entries for Preference Certificates.

Hope that helps.

Regards,

Dave

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dave,

Thanks for the update.But we have to maintain the duty rates against the NAFTA,ALADI, EUR certificates.

How can we update against these certificates?

Please advise

Regards

Nag

former_member215181
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nag,

There is no such concept in GTS, or indeed in the Preference legislation.  Preferential duty rates are set according to Tariff Code and Country of Origin.  Of course you need proof of origin (e.g. a Certificate), but the rates don't apply to any particular one.

Please enter the duty rates as described above, and let us know if you have any further problems.

Regards,

Dave

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dave,

the below are the type of preference documents defined to use in data record. I am confused do we need to define new types for NAFTA,ALADI, Etc.

Please advise

Regards

Nag

former_member215181
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nag,

No.  As I said above, your usage depends on how you configure entries in Code List table PAPTY.  There, using Category 'CUIP', you enter the Document Type(s) required by the Customs authority for attaching certificates in the Import Declaration.  And in those entries you specify the Preference Type to be used - and that needs to be the same one for which the Duty Rates are entered.  I guess you will use type 'D', since you are not dealing with Preference from Europe, Turkey, or the "less developed countries" (which use GSP).

Hope that helps.

Regards,

Dave