cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PI - Checking Error for many messages (XML interface)

suwandi_cahyadi
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

We have a XML -> IDoc interface in our implementation. Every now and then, there were errors in the interface that could be due to the invalid data sent to PI and cause a mapping error in the PI.

To check what really cause the error, in SXI_MONITOR we double click each of the message and go to the trace and check what exception is thrown in the mapping. This could be tedious to check what the error is 1 by 1 clicking the message if there were 100 error messages.

- Is there any report in PI that could show what the error actually is directly on the screen? Something like the error message is displayed directly at the ALV report instead of having to click each messages.

- or is there a report/program that we could use to show the content of the xml, for example: If I have an XML with the following format:

<message>

<header>

<documentid>123</documentid>

<otherfields>...</otherfields>

</header>

</message>

I want the report to show the value in the Message/Header/DocumentID directly all in the ALV.

- or what is usually the best practice/way to really check what cause the error if there are 100 message error for interface A (pretend the name of the interface is interface A).

Thank you,

Suwandi C.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

suwandi_cahyadi
Contributor
0 Kudos

Sorry,

Forgot to mention that the PI version is 7.1 as I remember I could not configure User Defined Message Search feature.

- or is it possible to create a custom program to get the error messages and parse the xml content to get specific content's value?

Thank you,

Suwandi C.

Former Member
0 Kudos

have u tried this