Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lookup in XI

mona_mehta
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Pls advice.

I read the following blog on Lookup by Siva and it very well suits my lookup requirement.

/people/siva.maranani/blog/2005/08/23/lookup146s-in-xi-made-simpler

Siva has shown a Communication channel created for Lookup.

In my scenario, i am inserting record in a table XI->JDBC, so the communication channel has already been created for the Reciever.

For lookup, the DB has to be read for the Record_no from table XYZ, and then the counter to be incremented to create a new record to be inserted into the same DB.

Can i use the same communication channel for both lookup and insert of the new record. As i understand it should, but pls suggest.

Thanks

Mona

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mona,

Check out these links for help:

<a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/0f/f084429fb4aa1ae10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm">http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/0f/f084429fb4aa1ae10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm</a>

Regards,

Subhasha Ranjan

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is it same operation for both lookup and the existed JDBC adapter doing.

If yes then use the Same CC ,

But it is better to use separate CC with separate Adapter configurations.

Regards

Chilla

mona_mehta
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Chandra Sekhar,

It is the same adapter configuration for both.

Currently this CC is used only for the second part of message exchange between XI and Oracle DB.

Should this be fine to use it twice then?

Thanks,

Mona

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As you said same data base,

But my question is , both operations are the same .. like one is for query and one is for insert then it is not possible, you must use two CC.

I hope it is clear.

Regards

Chilla

mona_mehta
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

But the CC doesnt qualify on the type of operation. It has only the connection parameters. Even then, do you think it should be two.

If i am wrong , pls correct me.

Thanks

Mona

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I mean the Operation for which you used in Adapter , if JDBC , in Query you would have to write one for insert and one for retrieve like that ..

Is it correct you are telling of i am not on the track..

Regards

Chilla

mona_mehta
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

There are two operations - one for Select and other for Insert.

Thanks

Mona

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes exactly , so to do this you have two CC with different configurations with same Adapter.

It is better to use two CCs.

I fyou want to use only one CC with the same Adapter then you need to use the either stored procedure or dynamic SQL , but i am not sure..

Regards

Chilla

<i>reward points if it is helpful..</i>