cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User_ID vs SAP Licenses

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all.

Since I am able to create very sharp and professional BSP Applications (thanks to WAS ABAP and HTMLB Objetcs), I can easily say that I am the most appreciated and consulted employee in my society.

I have always been able to answer to most of the questions concerning WAS and SOA concepts.

But today, I must admit that a tricky question let me confused:

- Considering that I am developing a internal user registration, authentification and SQL Trace record.

- Considering that I can customize my BSP application in order to bypass WAS authentification (SICF -> set a generic user with its password, such as what we do for the SAP Business Connector).

- Consequently, many users could use the same SAP User ID in order to do their job on a web page that pilot some BAPI.

==> I then just need one SAP License that will be used by several users. I already imagine my customers and their happy face !!!

==> But is it legal ???

Thank to all in advance.

Sebastien.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Benny
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Sebastian,

Well, you're not the first one with that idea.

The rule is that any client accessing the system is a client, whether you pass authentication or not is irrelevant. It may work, but <b>it strictly is illegal</b>.

Regards,

Benny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Benny,

Thank you for the answer and sorry for replying so late.

Your answer was helpful but unfortunately incomplete.

What about the Dialog Type User ?

How do we use the SAP Business Conector then ? I hardly imagine creating a licence for each user connected via a BusCon to SAP and Webmethods for instance.

What about the mySAP CRM e-commerce solution? BtoC solutions involves multiple and anonymous connections to SAP.

Thank you

Regs.

Sebastien

Benny
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Sebastien,

well, a dialog type user is a general user, isn't he/she?

For internet solutions, there are other solutions.

For details you should connect your local sales representative, as only they can give you detailed answers on this, as it is very much dependent on your specific agreement with SAP.

regards,

Benny

Answers (0)