cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Handling multiple xls , xlsx attachments in mail adapter

former_member303666
Active Participant
0 Kudos

We have a (sender)mail with excel attachment scenario which is converted to an Idoc.

Currently we are using ''PayloadSwapBean" for converting .xls attachment as main payload which is being read using an adapter module.

PFA the screenshot.

We have a new requirement as below

• when there are additional attachments in e-mail only the relevant template (MS Excel file) loaded.
  • Handle all MS Excel format: .XLSX in addition to existing .XLS
  • ability to process multiple excel file in a mail

Kindly suggest ways to handle it.

Regards,

Kesava

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member303666
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Could you please provide the location of  PayloadSwapBean file (.Ear,.jar,.class and also provide AL11) Transaction  in PI 7.31.

Brief Background:

We have a requirement to read multiple attachment from mail adapter. PayloadSwapBean is capable of reading only single attachment. We would like to see the code of PayloadSwapBean and modify accordingly to meet the requirement.

If there is any alternative could please suggest the solution for read the multiple attachments in sender mail adapter.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kesava,

i have similar requirement; i have to read a email with excel attachment and convert it to text file and send it as an attchment to SAP user inbox.

coudl you let me know how to do the first part readng xls file, as it is same as your scenario.

Thanks in advance.

prema

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kesava,

The document below explains the concept of multi-mapping in mail sender scenario with multi attachments. it can help you.

Regards,

André Canalles

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Kesava,

I'm not a java expert but i think the API that you are using in excelFileRead class (if this is the wiki API) doesnt support the upper 2007 excel versions. You would need to change that code with Apache POI  (Apache POI - the Java API for Microsoft Documents)

Regards.