cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Webservice call with certificate base authentication

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Usually while sharing the WSDL with any third party we share the credentials of the system which is used to make the connection to SAP PI system.

I current scenario the tool which is consuming the WSDL cannot store the username password and can only store certificates .

Can you please guide what all steps we need to do to share the certificates , also what certificate we have to share .

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Hareesh ,

Thanks for the pointer , I have done all the settings as mentioned in the blog . Just curious it says one place "Click on certificate tab, Click on modify and then upload the certificate you have with your partnerClick on certificate tab, Click on modify and then upload the certificate you have with your partner"

Do we need to import the PI server certificate or we have to install the certificate of 3rd party who is calling the webservice ?

I am doing the connection test from SOAP UI but it is still giving me 401 – Unauthorized error

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek - I think you need to import the certificate of 3rd prty who is invoking this WS.

reg SOAP UI error  - Please refer to Aashish's comments in the above blog. He has explained some steps to do that..

Answers (0)