cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to have same Customer number as of BP in Classic RE?

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are using classic RE as part of RE Sales requirement. We intend to have same customer number as of BP.

How to configure this as I am unable to find the meny path for this? I understand that this is a standard feature in REFX though

Thanks

SS

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

sadly this is not a standard feature in Classic RE but it is.

Just giving u a workaround but wish I could hv a straight answer:

Make customer number range external

At the time of BP creation, system will ask for customer number, simply copy the BP number

This will work if BP number is external

What if BP number is internal

Create BP in general role category. Upon saving BPnumbe will be generated. Now add role category for BP and assign the BP number in customer number field.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks. We hv been trying a lot to achieve this using ABAP and Enhancement workbench but sadly BPC1 as a trxn is not available.

Tried your solution and it worked and now it is more on usre to follow. I know this might not be the best solution but it meets our immediate requireemnt. WIsh this could hv been a standard feature

Hope SAP Development guys are listening !

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If I've understood you correctly, you have a Customer and want to create a BP based on this Customer?

If yes, try to use t.code FLBPD1.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Yury

You have misinterpreted my query.

We are creating BP with Customer in Classic RE. We want that if BP is assigned say number 1, then customer should also get created with number 1

Thanks

SS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please, try the following menu path in spro:

Cross-application Components -> Master Data Synchronisation  -> Customer/Vendor Integration -> Business Partner Settings -> Settings for customer integration -> Field Assignment for Customer Integration -> Assign Keys

You could try here Define Number Assignment for Direction BP to Customer and Define Number Assignment for Direction Customer to BP.

There's exists a setting for the same numbers assignment.

Hope this will help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This menu is meant for Flex RE BP and not Classic RE BP