cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get the WBS assigned to TASK?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

In projects we will assign WBS elements to the Tasks.

I want to know the table or function module that will give the details of these assignments.

I tried the table "IAOM_ASSIGNMENTS". it seemed that it was not helpful.

Thanks.

PiyushR. Sakharkar.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

hanspeterbaier
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Piyush!

In general the table "IAOM_ASSIGNMENTS" shows the assigned WBS elements. The field IAOM_ASSIGNMENTS-OBJECT_NO corresponds to the field PRPS-OBJNR.

Since the table "IAOM_ASSIGNMENTS" shows the assignments only you can have a look to the tables:

IAOM_EXT_OBJ_INF

IAOM_CPRO_EXAT

You can try the function module IAOM_GET_ACCOUNT_ASSIGNMENT:

- provide szenario-ID (e.g. CPROJECTS)

- provide EXT_OBJ_ID (34-digit GUID)

Which details do you want to know, so we can elaborate a solution/help in this forum.

Best regards,

Peter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Peter,

Thanks for the reply.

I tried the "IAOM_ASSIGNMENTS" with the task GUID. (The task GUID with RAW data type)

The where clause of the select statement:

EXT_OBJECT_ID =  TASK GUID.

I am not sure if i need to convert this RAW GUID to 34 Char long GUID. Do I need to do this?

Also the EXT_OBJECT_ID in "IAOM_ASSIGNMENTS" id 34 char long.

IS there some difference in this GUID and the general RAW type GUID?

Best Regards.

Piyush R Sakharkar.

hanspeterbaier
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Piyush!

It depends on the data layer. Do you know which GUID you are using? In PPM, as a part of historic reason, there is a CGPL and a DPR layer. So you can decide between a CGPL-GUID (domain CGPL_PROJECT_GUID) and a DPR-GUID (domain DPR_ENTITY_GUID).

For the FM IAOM_ASSIGNMENTS and import parameter EXT_OBJECT_ID you have to use the 32-digit DPR-GUID (sorry for the typo in my first post). Have a look to the conversion exits that SAP uses for DPR_ENTITY_GUID with function group DPR_CONVERSION_EXITS.

Have also a look to FM DPR_GET_GUID_BY_ID_FROM_DB to retrieve DPR-GUID by External ID.

Can you give me an example of your "TASK GUID"?

Regards,

Peter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Peter,

The Task GUID is "005056BE30381ED3A69A8742F36ECB06".

Based on your inputs, I think I am using the DPR GUID.

The data layers concept seems to be new or it seems I am newer to this concept.

I request you to please provide me some documentation that might be useful to me to know this concept in detail.

Also the FM  IAOM_GET_ACCOUNT_ASSIGNMENT gives me the required details. But it is getting the alot of data that I don't need. I will need only the WBS element.

One more intresting thing that I observed is, if I pass the GUID's of the phases that are there in the Project to the table "IAOM_Assignments", I do get the object numbers.

for the project which I am using, I get the tasks data using the BAPI "BAPI_BUS2172_GET_TREE".

Form the output of this bapi I identify the tasks based on the "OBJECT_TYPE = TTO"

Best regards.

Piyush R. Sakharkar.

hanspeterbaier
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Piyush!

The best information regarding the different layers is to do a search on this forum for "CPGL" and "DPR". The projectmanagement part (cProjects) has legacy components from CRM. Along with the CGPL-layer (CGPL engine), status management deals with CRM* tables.

The CGPL layer stores the cProject unspecific data and the DPR layer the cProject specific data.

According to your observation of IAOM_ASSIGNMENTS: It depends on your controlling scenario (see also table IAOM_CPRO_CSC) to which level and how (manual, automatic) cProjects elements are replicated to PS. So even cProjects phases can be WBS-elements in PS and therefore can be found in IAOM_ASSIGNMENTS.

Suggestion: You are using BAPI_BUS2172_GET_TREE. Take the GUIDs of the elements the BAPI returns and make a SELECT on IAOM_ASSIGNMENTS and a join on IAOM_ASSIGNMENTS-OBJECT_NO and PRPS-OBJNR.

In table PRPS you can find the WBS-element in PRPS-PSPNR.

Regards,

Peter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Peter,

Thank you for all the help.

I debugged the standard code and for the accounting data it is ultimately going to the FM "IAOM_GET_ACCOUNT_ASSIGNMENT".(As you mentioned in your first post).

I debugged it further and found that its using some classes to determine this data. it is difficult to generate the instances of these classes in my custom development. So I will have to use the FM.

I just wanted to see if there is some way of getting only the data that I need.

I am allready following the suggestion that you had made. The issue was the first link between
the task and the WBS element.

Best Regards.

Piyush R. Sakharkar.

Answers (0)