cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pros and cons of using JMS adapter in SAP PO

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

Please let me know the advantages and disadvantages of using JMS adapter in PO (AEX). We have a requirement to access multiple files (100 different files) from an application which is on the same DC and network. This can be achieved by using simple file communication by having 100 different file channels. I would also like to explore other option like JMS, though there is no requirement for sequential processing.  Hence, seeking your help in understanding the advantages / disadvantages of using JMS over FTP communication. 

Thank you.

Lakshman V.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Harish / Amit... I heard lot of noice around having the intial setup (JMS connection factory). Precisely, I have to take a decission on to go with FTP or JMS. We will be having more than 100 interfaces between AMT Marketflow and PO (7.4). Looking for advises.. Do let me know if you need more information.

Thank you.

Lakshman V.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

If i were u then i would have opted JMS just becoz of its robust nature and reliable processing.

BTW, JMS configuration is a one time activity, so don't worry about that.

Thanks

Amit Srivastava

Harish
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Adding to Amit.

If you install JMS MQ server then you need to go for licence cost.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Not required! No need to install JMS MQ as the AMT solution provides JMS. It will be the JMS provider in this case.We will access it generically!

Thank you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Amit!

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

JMS is more reliable in terms of processing messages than File adapter, but the only capability which is lacking in JMS is archiving files but anyhow there are workaround to overcome that.

Check this thread:

Thanks

Amit Srivastava

Harish
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Lakshman,

JMS -

Pros - JMS provide guaranteed delivery of message.

Cons - Needs to install MQ (if not available) on PI and target system

Need to develop the JMS queue (if not available) and build the script to transfer the file

FTP

Pros - No need of extra development

No installation is req.

Cons - FTP can use lot of CPU threads on server.