Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SALRT_CREATE_API with CBMA and/or Central Monitoring using Solman

che_eky
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Does anyone know if function SALRT_CREATE_API can be used to raise alerts in Component Based Message Alerting (CBMA) and/or Centralised Monitoring in Solman? I understand SALRT_CREATE_API worked with the classic Alert Framework.

Che

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

with CBMA you can try an alternative:

Regards,

Michal Krawczyk

che_eky
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Michal,

Thank you for jumping in on this thread. Great timing with your blog

However the following thread suggests we can still use SALRT_CREATE_API:

"Try removing the "CentralMonitoringServer-XIAlerts" RFC connection from both systems (proxy and PI). Then, ensure all com.sap.aii.rwb.server.centralmonitoring.* parameters are configured correctly on PI (restart system to apply changes on exchange profile) and try executing the scenarios again.

Check the target CCMS system the RSALERTDISP report and see if the alerts are being received there."

Perhaps the above only applies in the case of a dual stack? I am not quite ready to try some examples but when I do then perhaps options will become clearer to me. I will try to remember to update this thread with what I find.

Thanks

Che

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Che - AFAIK - The RFC only works with classical RWB alerts where you define the alert categories in ALERTCATDEF.. in fact it is one of the input parameter to execute that RFC.

So i don't think you can integrate it with CBMA.

However i think you can still trigger alerts using the above RFC if you can define alert categories in AS ABAP.

You'll need to execute that RFC via lookup to trigger the alerts during the mapping step.

Blogs for reference :