cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Prod. Order ATP across plants

former_member284149
Participant
0 Kudos

We got a new requirement which influence me to check GATP options.

When performing availability check for production order the requirement to check components availability not just in the plant but also other plants.

For example, production order in plant 1000 has got component A which is available in plant 1000 and 2000. If this component is falling shot in plant 1000 GATP should recommend plant 2000 inventory for replenishment.

I setup rule based ATP and which is successfully performing available check in GATP system when ATP check performed in ECC system for production order.

However, I am not able to commit inventory of component which is available in other plant.

What settings influence material commitment from other plant ? I am not sure what step i am missing which is stopping to use stuff from other plants .

Is there a way to automatic Stock transport order when replenishing from other plant ?

Any help on this is highly appreciated - Many thanks!

M

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

andy_yeri
Contributor
0 Kudos

Unless u've a need to specify this "other plant" check @ the BOM level, u must try specifying the same component with the "other" plant on the ECC side (on the Prodn Ord). Std SAP allows component withdrawal from another plant via the Prodn Ord Component list. This way u'll not need GATP at all.

former_member284149
Participant
0 Kudos

We need to perform availability check for production order componenets. If this there is shortage / missing parts in the plant then should able to get from other plans.

In ECC if we do withdrawal from alternate plant (using Special procuremnt key) ATP check in prod order is done at alternative plant. This works great. But i am missing ATP at current plant. 

For example, if required quantity for a componenet is 500 then 200 is available in the plant and 300 in other plant will be an issue. Any ideas to fix this ?

I will try to explore CTM option too...

Many thanks

former_member284149
Participant
0 Kudos

I finally see some good signs after intensive reading of help documents. I could able to perform ATP simulation successfully. I created a condition table with READ_MATNR and READ_WERKS. Created rule determination for for able table with location substitute.

However, finally stuck with an below error message in ECC production order when I perform availability check

Warning message:

No substitution for item %00000000001/000001 with "rules immediately"

Error message when say OK to warning message:

No rule strategy or rule strategy sequence found for  /  /

Any ideas to resolve this error is highly appriciated.

Many thanks!

M

former_member284149
Participant
0 Kudos

Any recommendations to resolve above error messages highly appriciated?

No rule strategy or rule strategy sequence found for  /  /

This error occurs in ECC production order. - Many thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

M,

I suggest you read online help

ATP Check in Order - Production Planning and Detailed Scheduling (PP/DS) - SAP Library

especially the passage quoted below:

The following check methods from the global availability check (Global ATP) are not available for the ATP check in the in-house production order or in the stock transport requisition.

● Product allocation

● Rules-based availability check

● Capable-to-Promise

Best Regards,

DB49

former_member284149
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you for the link. I apologize for my ignorance. Can you tel me where the magic button which commit quantities when available in other plants ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

M,

Can you tel me where the magic button which commit quantities when available in other plants ?

Hmmm.  I will admit that my eyesight began getting much worse about 10 years ago, but I have never seen any magic buttons anywhere in SAP.

Although it is not a GATP functionality, you can get planning results that may meet at least some of your requirements within CTM.  This feature became available, I believe, in 7.0 EH3.

Supply Consumption in Capable-to-Match (CTM) - Planning Algorithm - SAP Library

Best regards,

DB49