Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Agentry search in a Object Collection

Hello,

i have a parent object "order" this have a object collection "orderItems". Every orderItem have a attribute "status" which can be open our close.

Now i need to combine the status from the orderItems to the orderStatus and show this on a detailscreen label.

• If one orderItem status is open, the status from the order should be open too.
  • If all orderItems from one order have the status closed the oderStatus is closed.

I know i can create a rule with collection_find_by_str but the rule dose not do what i want.

Could someone explain me how i can use the collection_find_by_str correct or how i can search in a collection for special attribute.

Thanx André

Tags:
Former Member
replied

Andre,

Here is an example:

This rule will search the WorkOrders Collection looking for an EquipmentID matching the target stored in TempHeader.  TYPE will return TRUE if a record is found.  Think of the TYPE function as a "Where Exists" target check.  It will return True if the target is found, and False if not.

I will also create a blog with some other similar tips from an old document I wrote a while back.  I'll link it here when finished.

Jason Latko - Senior Product Developer at SAP

2 View this answer in context

Helpful Answer

by
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question