cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I enable the Memory Overview in HANA Studio?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I read John's blog about the SPS7 features:

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-49991#comment-467746

Now I wanted to see the Memory Overview myself. I granted the role sap.hana.admin.roles::Monitoring to user SYSTEM and opened the Memory Overview. This is what I get:

I cannot see the Memory Overview with HANA revision 70, 71 or 72.

I cannot see the Memory Overview with HANA Studio running on Linux or Windows.

I cannot see any entries in the tracefiles of the HANA database.

The same problem with Resource Utilization, I get a blank window.

The HANA database is up and running. Database, Client and Studio are revision 72.

What do I do wrong? It seems that I am not the only one affected.

Regards,

Mark

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

HayBouten
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

Have a look at the loaded Delivery Units (DU) in your SAP HANA system. Is the HANA_ADMIN DU available?

Check if all the Delivery Units have been loaded

In SAP HANA Studio open the Modeler perspective and check the Delivery Unit.

1. In the menu Window => Open Perspective => Other select the SAP HANA Modeler perspective.
  2. In the Quick Launch view navigate to Delivery Units. The following Delivery Units should be loaded by default.
    HANA_ADMIN
    HANA_IDE_CORE
    HANA_TA_CONFIG
    HANA_UI_INTEGRATION_CONTENT
    HANA_UI_INTEGRATION_SVC
    HANA_XS_BASE
    HANA_XS_EDITOR
    HANA_XS_FORMLOGIN
    HANA_XS_IDE
    HANA_XS_LM
    HANA_XS_SQLCC
    SAPUI5_1
  3. If there are Delivery Units missing please load all Delivery Units using the Import option in the Quick Launch view. Click Import => SAP HANA Content => Delivery Unit
  4. Select the files from the Server option.
  5. Open the File drop-down menu and select the missing Delivery Units one by one.
  6. To load the Delivery Unit press Finish and repeat this for all missing Delivery Units.

Hay

Answers (8)

Answers (8)

jtretina
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi, applied the Note 1978195 also checked DU but still the same issue, only a blank page appears. I have HANA version 72 so can somebody confirm that those views are working for him even with this release?

Also having an issue while opening Dashboard - HTTP Error 404 Not found appears and no further errors in the system.

Please help.

Thanks!

Jan

shaji_narayanan
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello all,

I faced exactly this issue previously, but has now resolved.  Both Memory Overview and Resource Utilisation are now working on all of my HANA boxes.

While few changes were made as part of troubleshooting, I think resolution was mainly due to below 2 points:

1. Ensure you have installed latest SAP Host Agent valid for your platform.
  2. HANA XS is up and running;  refer document

Please check and let me know; if this resolves your issues, kindly mark the answer as correct!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check if your IE browser is minimum with version 9.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for all your suggestions! Just a short update: On my two HANA appliances the Memory Overview now suddenly works. Maybe the HANA revision 72 caused this, I cannot say for sure.

0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

Are you able to run HLM?

Try HLM and tell me how it goes.

Aaron Yun in Hana Primary Support

fabian_krger
Participant
0 Kudos

Having the same issues here.

You can try this, it works for me (but not very convenient), since UTF didn't help...

open the URL in Chrome

http://<Hostname>/sap/hana/admin/st/index.html

Be sure to include the HANA XS Port (something like your-instance.com:8000)

Open JavaScript Console and type:

(Replace wdfd00252620a with your hostname, i.e. imdbhdb for AWS dev, hanaserver for HANA One, ...;

Replace SYSTEM and manager with your User and your password)

var data = '{"host":"wdfd00252620a","service":"indexserver","port":"30003"}';

APP.open("SYSTEM", "manager", "MemAllocStats", data);

APP.open("SYSTEM", "manager", "ResUtilization", data);

APP.open("SYSTEM", "manager", "MemOverview", data);

It will open all three apps. (Code taken from the mytest.html inside the st package)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I received a tip from   that the SAP note http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1978195  might help. I will retry that once I stuble upon that error again. Currently, my HANA rev 72 instances do show the Memory Overview, although I haven't changed anything.

candy_zhan
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I have update HANA studio to Rev 73,  memory overview and resource utilization still show blank. Does it still only work for AWS instance?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Raj,

I am sure the Memory Overview works on the HANA AWS instances, because SAP would fix issues if this wouldn't work. However on real life HANA instances, IMHO the Memory Overview typically doesn't work. I have two HP DL580 appliances, and on one the Memory Overview doesn't work while on the other one it works. There is no difference to the HANA installation on these appliances, so I wonder what might be the issue here.
Regards,

Mark

rindia
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

My new HANA lab access (AWS) revision 70 showing me the memory overview. I tried to make this invisible but all goes vain.

Regards

Raj