cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Picking strategy M

Former Member
0 Kudos

Picking strategy M (Large/Small quantities) has been configured.

Search sequence: 003 - 002

System should pick partial quantity from 003 and full pallet from 002.

6 DU = 1 PAL

Control quantity in material master has been set to 5.

The problem is, when there is no stock in 003 and the quantity ordered is partial (say 1 DU), the system creates a transfer order for 6 DU from storage type: 002. According to configuration, the system should not be checking in 002 at all since quantity is less than 1 PAL, right?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

mihailo_sundic
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi, I have had the exact requirement like this.
I needed to have M strategy for fixed bin, to limit the quantities being picked from fixed bin.
Then we needed to check the reserve but only for entire pallet quantity on TO.

First settings applied to 001 - fixed bin or in your case your storage type 003, are M strategy with limiting quantity.
Second, picking by user exit (ZXLTOU07), in which we have written ABAP code to check the transfer order required quantity against materials full pallet quantity.

If these are equal, or required qty is bigger than pallet qty, pick, if not, skip.
I won't be able to share the code at the moment unfortunately but having the
solution implemented successfully you have a model on which you can base
your customizing / coding.

If you need more clarifications I will be happy to help you.

Regards.

shashi_thakur
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anushree,

Can you paste the screenshot of the code you have added in the User-exit for Storage type 002.

Regards,

Shashi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shashi,

Could you please let me know how to find the user exit applicable to storage type: 002?

Regards,

Anushree Shetty

shashi_thakur
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anushree,

Please check EXIT_SAPLL03A_005. Also, please see a similar question raised earlier and the response.

Strategy M: According to Quantity and User Exit | SCN

Regards,

Shashi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shashi,

EXIT_SAPLL03A_005

Thanks.

Regards,

Anushree Shetty

shashi_thakur
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anushree,

T_QMAT contains the list of Quants fetched by System based on your Search Strategy. In case you do not wish to pick from a particular storage type because the quantity being picked is not a complete Pallet, then you need to modify that particular Quant Entry in T_QMAT.

Say for e.g. in your case no stock was found in 003, so system fetches the Quant from 002 for 1 DU. This particular entry should be deleted from T_QMAT as you don't want the system to consider it. Alternatively, if the Quantity had been say 10 DU and  you want 1 PAL to be picked from 002 but not the partial Pallet, then you need to modify the Quantity (AUSME or some other field-check in the table and you will find the correct field-as I am without SAP access right now) available in the Quant entry in T_QMAT (modification instead of deletion). So add the logic to check the Pallet conversion quantity and decide on modification or deletion of the particular Quant entry for the Storage type.

I am not sure if you have to set the indicator for exiting the TO creation Process-need to test it in the system, once I am logged in. But you can make code changes and debug the scenario to arrive at the results.

Alternative: Did you try making the storage type 002 a Pallet storage type with control quantity = Pallet quantity and see if it works.

Let me know how it goes.

Regards,

Shashi

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you said: the system creates a transfer order for 6 DU from storage type: 002.

Is this transfer order in reference to the picking your are just doing?

Or is this actually a replenishment TO to fill up 002 storage type? because otherwise you could not fulfill the requirement.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jurgen,

This transfer order is with reference to the picking. It is not a replenishment TO.

Thanks.

Regards,

Anushree Shetty

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Can you please paste your storage bin determination log

During TO creation you can find it in

Environment --> Stor. BIn search log

Cheers,

Nag

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Naga Mohan,

Thanks for your response!

Please see below, storage bin determination log:

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This determination log tells that the stock removal from 002 storage type was done according to your coding in user exit.

I can further see that understood that this removal is causing a overdelivery, and that no return storage type is defined where the overpicked items can be left.

In general if you pick a full pallet with 6 DU and need only 1 DU, then the 5 DU left have to be stored somewhere. Since you broke a full pallet into smaller units, it sound logical to me that you put those 5 into 003 storage type for small quantities.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jurgen,

In the material master - WM view for storage type: 003, a control quantity = 5 is maintained. Does it not mean that if the quantity is less than 5 DU, system should not look in storage type 002 at all? Because search sequence is 003 - 002.

Regards,

Anushree Shetty

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

control quantity is checked with smaller than and same as, see Strategy M: According to Quantity (SAP Library - Warehouse Management Guide)