cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ARQ: Manager/Role Owner can modify request details even after submitting the request???

former_member184114
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have noticed that after Submitting (Approving) a request, manager or role owner can still modify the user details (field are editable) like role validity date etc in a request. This is quite weird!

Although, after submitting a request by a requester, all field are disabled.

Has any one encountered with this problem? How can I control this?

Please advise.

Regards,

Faisal

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

alessandr0
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Faisal,

define the template in the End User Personalization for each stage and define what can be changed and what not. I recommend to have one template for each stage and particularly activated what needs to be changable and what not.

The defined templates can then be assigned via the ID in the MSMP workflow configuartion.

Regards,

Alessandro

former_member184114
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Alessandro,

Thanks for your reply,

You mean, if I define EUP for each stage, after submitting the request, fields will be disabled?

But before submitting a request, are they enabled?

Regards,

Faisal

alessandr0
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

nope - in EUP you can set which fields are changable and which are not. For example you define a template for Manager stage and set fields which should not be changed to "Editable - No". See as follows:

You understand what I mean? For each stage you can define a separat template with separat configurations.

Regards,

Alessandro

former_member184114
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Alessandro,

Thanks for your reply.

Yes, I got it and that is why I got confused.

This EUP I have defined and the desired fields are visible and editable and seems to be working fine.

However, the problem is, even after submitting a request, manager and role owner is able to edit the values in the fields which is incorrect!

Actually, once a request is submitted, I believe request should be only display mode!

You know what, this is working absolutely fine with requester. Meaning, once a requester submits a request, then all fields are disabled and values in them can not be modified any more.

But I am not sure why this is not happening with managers/role owners.

Please advise.

Regards,

Faisal

alessandr0
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In MSMP workflow configuration you can define in "Maintain Paths" the task settings for each path. Define there the EUP ID which you have defined for manager/role owner stage. If it does not work, show me the task settings and the EUP configuration for this stages.

Regards,

Alessandro

former_member184114
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Alessandro,

I have created one EUP for Manager stage and assigned in settings in MSMP configuration. However, still I see that the password field is still visible and editable!

These fields come under "User System Details" tab. When I copied, I did not see these password fields to make them invisible for manager stage. I am not sure where it is coming from.

Can you advise?

Regards,

Faisal

alessandr0
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Faisal,

I am wondering why it is still possible if you changed as I mentioned. Did you generate a new version of your workflow?

How about other fields? Are all fields still editable or only the particular you mentioned?

Regards,

Alessandro

former_member193066
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

well you can hide that in access control screen setting in admins mode.

you need to do that in SE80.

Regards,

Prasant

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

AndrzejP
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Faisal,

maybe just to add to what was already mentioned above by Alessandro and Prasant, I think the easiest way to change visibility / changeability is to use config mode, detailed guideline here:

Regards, Andrzej

former_member193066
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In stadard EUP , disable editing for user details feild if you are getting that info automatically from LDAP or HR system.

will be applicable for rest stages as well.

Regards,

Prasant

alessandr0
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Prasant,

depends on your settings in MSMP workflow... if you have set specific EUP templates for stages it does not consider the default template.

From my point of view it makes sense to have one template defined for each stage. Since each stage can have different settings you are very flexible and you can change without affecting other stages.

Regards,

Alessandro

former_member193066
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

depends how you want to achieve the requirement.

if you can disable editing.

requester can view as well, since we are getting all from LDAP

no need to go for additional EUP config  for each stages.

save time.. as said depends how it fits your requirement.

if requester should be able to edit then you need EUP for each stages.

again some pro's and cons are there.

as request can be raised for other users.

there are few advantage and disadvantage if editing is enabled or disabled.

Regards,

Prasant