cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updating picking quantity in VBFA table

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

We are trying to update picking quantity VBFA-RFMNG , where VBTYP_N(Subs.doc.categ.)=Q, in  delivery through program. my question is, are there any other areas we need to update in the tables or fields of database. any other effects in whole sales process.

Please suggest me,

Regards,

Reddy

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you please let me explain why you were trying to update the table through some program?   Table updation should always happen via a transaction code and if that is not happening, then you need to revisit your configuration / customization.

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

we are doing this in VL02N transaction, we have auto picking, we have a scenario where we insert (or change) delivery quantity through bapi, but when we decrease delivery qty, system will through  standard error message because picked qty is larger then the delivery qty.

Eg: Delivery qty = 10   and Picked Qty= 10

now if i change the Delivery Qty to 9 (with bapi), we are not able to change picked qty to 9.

so this is the reason, we are updating picked qty in table first, then updating delivery qty through bapi,

Regards,

Reddy

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Not sure which BAPI you are using but I strongly feel, your requirement can very well be achieved, provided, your technical team do coding correctly.  Alternatively, you can also try with Function Module SD_DELIVERY_UPDATE_PICKING to correct the picking quantity.  As I already cautioned, dont go for table updation which have many repurcussions.

G. Lakshmipathi

phanikumar_v3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Normally We update the Delivery Quantity which will be retrievable from Confirmed Quantity of sales order accordingly we will do Picking--Here the things are happening in reverse...

Can you please inform The BAPI responsible for this?

Phanikumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lakshmipathi,

let me explain the requirement in detail, we are offering free items based on sale qty of main item.

eg. Main item Qty : 50 (for every 10 main item, 1 item free) i.e: 10:1

Free Item Qty : 5

we are using bapi,   BAPI_OUTB_DELIVERY_CHANGE.

Note: we have Auto picking in delivery

Main item  Delivery Qty:50    Picked Qty: 50

Free Item   Delivery Qty:5     Picked Qty: 5

Now I will change Main item delivery Qty to: 40   Picked Qty: 40,

here we are using BAPI to change Free item Delivery Qty to 4    Picked Qty to 4, based on ratio 10:1.

but When we change Delivery Qty to 4, system will throw standard error message because picked qty is more than the delivery Qty.

This is the reason,first we are updating picked qty in Table, then trying to update 'delivery qty' of free item.

Note: All the above update process will be done after SAVE delivery document.

Please suggest,

Regards,

Reddy

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Are you picking material in delivery based on transfer orders(TCode LT04) or manually?

Thanks, JP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi JP,

It is manual. No transfer orders.

Regards,

Reddy

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Okay, its manual.

Then if there is a decrease in picking quantities, change picking quantities before making a change in delivery quantities.

Else, there is an increase in picking quantities, then make sure changes are made delivery quantities before you change delivery quantities.

Try this manually in VL01N/VL02N observe the behvaiour, before you proceed with you logic in BAPI.

Thanks, JP

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI JP

we already tried. its working manually. but when i tried with BAPI_OUTB_DELIVERY_CHANGE, it is adding the quantity to previous qty.

Eg;  Current Picked qty = 10,   If i want to make it as 8, bapi is adding this qty to previous qty, but the correct qty should be converted to 8,

In bapi, it is 10+8=18 which is incorrect.

Thanks,

Reddy

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Probably, you need to update quantity "zero" first and then update the desired quantities.

But, I believe your ABAPer should be able to help you on this. This an known issue to technical guys. who have worked on updating fields through FM extensively. It's all about FM sequence to use for updating the value.

Thanks, JP