Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sync Proxy alerting in SAP

che_eky
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a scenario as follows:

SAP sender sync proxy -> PI -> JDBC (action = update_insert)

The JDBC receiver adapter will send back the number of records updated or inserted. My question is how to raise an alert in SAP based on the response from the JDBC adapter? For example if the result says no records were updated or inserted I would like to raise an alert in SAP/PI.

Do I simply define the Sender Interface to include a response and standard fault? then use a suitable method to raise a fault exception in SAP? Can the fault on a sync proxy be used in this way?

I know there is a blog that shows how to raise an alert for an async proxy scenario: .

Thanks

Che

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Harish
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Che,

The blog gives the details for fault response from receiver. In your case you will receive the response from JDBC in one format for successful and no update message.

For your requirement, you can raise alert in UDF. But do you want to stop the message and raise alert? Or pass the message.

Please check the below blog

I think the response should go to sender (proxy) and alert or further action should handle in proxy.

regards,

Harish

che_eky
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Harish,

Thanks for your quick reply. Yes I would rather handle the response in the sender proxy. What would you recommend to raise the alert in SAP (SALRT_CREATE_API?). Is there a better way to do this using the new Component Based Message Alerting?

Che

Harish
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Che,

yes there are better option with component based alerting, you can check the below blog

che_eky
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Harish,

Yes I have seen that blog. It does not mention if an alert raised using SALRT_CREATE_API will be picked up in CBMA but I have a feeling it will.

Che

Harish
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Che,

I am not sure either. It needs to test or need input from some one already tested this.

regards,

Harish

che_eky
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The following thread mentions SALRT_CREATE_API and Central Monitoring which looks promising:

I will create a new thread to take this forward.

As always thanks for your help.

Answers (0)