cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forecast reduction in MD04

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am trying to understand exactly what requirements are reducing my Forecast in MD04. We are using VSFB and have consumption Mode 2 (Backwards / Forwards), Mixed MRP = 1, consumption indicator 3 (Consume customer reqmts, reserv., dependent reqmts), and consumption indicator 1 (Consume planning with assembly). We have set Bwd consumption period 20 days, and Fwd consumption period 10 days, but when adjusting these settings and refresh the MD04 screen I cannot see exactly what is included / excluded from the reduction. Please see the screenshots for more detail. If anyone can explain exactly what, and how these numbers are being reduced it would be a great help. I have some offline data that mimics the MD04 screen data, and I need to understand how to reduce the forecast in this data to match the corresponding VSFB lines in MD04.

The VSFB requirements are a weekly forecast split into weekly buckets.

Any help would be greatly appreciated - If you require any more information just let me know. Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor

Hi Lan,

Are you using the planning strategy 70 Planning at assembly level?

In strategy 70, the forecast for the components is not consumed by sales orders, but is consumed by either dependent requirements from the planned orders from the parent, or the reservations of the production orders from the parent.  So, for the consumption to be shown at the component level, you must first run MRP at the parent, and then the component.

Please run the MRP and check the results

Normally whenever we use planning at assembly level strategy Fert or higher level should consume the requirement this is possible if u use mixed indicator 1.

Please refer the SAP help link and OSS note

SAP Library - Demand Management (PP-MP-DEM)

496480 - Planning consumption during subassembly planning

Regards,

R.Brahmankar