cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processing status values in My Expenses

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I activated FITV_POWL_TRIPS to access the details from ESS frontend.  There is a column on Processing Status.

Noticed that the available values are: Released for Approval, Approved and settled and Approved.

We would like to:

(a) Add additional status values like Rejected, Not Approved etc

(b) Further segregation Released for Approval into Sent / Not Approved etc

Has anyone tried (a) and (b)?  If yes, able to advise?  Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Lukas_Weigelt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Yvonne,

take a look at the SAP help for the available statuses: Trip Status Directory - Travel Management (FI-TV) - SAP Library

To achieve what you describe, you would have to create additional statuses in form of fixed value appends to the respective technical domains (for example the domains ANTRG and ABREC). However, this is something you should not do, because these additional statuses will interfere with the existing business logic and pretty much break the entire module. The status directory is the brain of the module's entire process logic; meddling with it creates the potentional need to rewrite all parts of the business logic interpreting these statuses.

A less process-breaking but still unclean solution would be taking one of the existing statuses from the domains which you know you do not use now or anytime in the future; i.e. it isn't handled in your business process ever. You could then make a DDIC-Modification (pretty much the last thing ever to do in Workbench, though) and overwrite the Label. Then you could set these statuses in a custom workflow or the abominable POWL etc.

My advice bottom line: Try living with what the standard provides and don't mess with the status directory.

Cheers, Lukas

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the advice.  Do you know what is the domain for 'Processing Status'?  What is the list of Standard SAP values for 'Processing Status'?  I have seen the documentation but it is not the status description as what is mentioned in the documentation.

Thanks.

0 Kudos

Hi Yvonne

I think you mean you wish to know where the data elements are for the processing status right? This is in the text elements in the program SAPLPTRA_UTIL_TRIPS (the relevant text elements are 062 and 063) and then you can change and add to them them to whatever would be preferred.

Cheers

Sally

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think you understood my question correctly.  But the statuses is not what I am looking for.  In My Expenses screen, there is a column Processing Status.  The values are Released for Approval, Approved etc.  I do not see it in SAPLPTRA_UTIL_TRIPS.