cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update Phase Component From Project Component

Former Member
0 Kudos

Morning all.

I'm looking at options we might have open to us for the following scenario. Any ideas? Previous experiences,  etc most welcome ...

We have a custom field in DPR_DET_DATA_PROJECT_O that we transfer to PS, but want to use the same field value to force PPM to think the same field change has occurred in DPR_DET_DATA_PHASE_O without us actually needing to access the component via the UI. We have an active subsystem that we write the value to,  but don't want to have to a have to start the phase component from the ui to pass the change before saving.

The idea being that we only need this field value at PS Replication time on the phase .... As we want to effectively cascade this value onto all our WBS Elements (DPO & PPO objects) in PS (only 2 level controlling scenario) ... We don't even really need to save the data at the phase level .... Just make the change manager think that the phase had changed ... hopefully we'll then get the PPO objects through the DPR_FIN_GECCO_ATTR Badi during replication .... without having physically made s chessmen at phase level. Make sense?

Is setting the phase data (and triggering a change to be recorded) from the project component a possibility?

Many Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

TudorRiscutia
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello David,

If I understood correctly, you want to change a custom field existing both in the project definition and at phase level, without accessing the Phase in the UI? Is that right?

If so, than it's simple. In your subsystem, I suppose you have an instance of your loaded project (cl_dpr_project_o). When you change the value of the particular field and "trigger" the updating, you just use the project instance (let's call it lo_project) to get all the child phases in an object table (type CL_DPR_PHASE). Loop through this table and use the method lo_phase->set_data( ). I'm not sure in which of the three structure you can find the custom fields, but it's definitely either _INT/_CHG/_EXT. Also, I recommend you encapsulate this code inside a method, as you'll need to call it from the beginning (if you decide not to save the value).

Hope this helps!

Tudor