cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP SLT Replication

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We to need to load the data from the Source (ECC ) to HANA, using the SAP SLT server and need clarifications on below points.

1) Does the SLT replication server will overwrite in target for the changed records in the source

Eg:- If the sales has done on feb is 7 quantity and on march it is 9, will SLT would over write the values as 9 ? if so how to track the history of records in HANA and do a model based on the History of records ?

2) How to create model based on the time, if the user runs the report with Feb as the selection he should be able to see the quantity as 7 and thats why we require the history of records also

Kindly suggest

Thanks,

Shree

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

rindia
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vijayashree,

SLT will overwrite the data in HANA whenever there is a change in the source system for that record.

In order to get the report based on time then every time record has to be inserted for each and every change instead of updating and there should be fields something like valid_from and valid_to.

In case of update then current record valid_to has to be updated with current date and a new record has to be inserted for valid_from as current date and valid_to to future date.

In such cases only we can get history records. With BODS ETL tool, it is easy to accomplish.

With SLT such transformation is not simple. Can we do this using IUUC_REPL_CONTENT by ABAP Include is even question to me.

Lets see what Tobias Koebler suggests!!!!!

Regards

Raj

tobias_koebler
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

depending on the scenario you could create a transformation rule that avoid the update or deletion of a record. Also you could fill additional tables fields with a timestamp.

Within the SLT community you find a blog that will describe how to modify a operations via a rule: http://scn.sap.com/community/replication-server/blog/2014/03/06/how-to-avoid-a-deletion-of-a-record

Best,

Tobias

rindia
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Tobias,

Thanks for your quick response. I gone through your blog and is really good.

Assuming ECC table does not contain history and has only current data then can we maintain history data through SLT. If yes then certainly learning new from you, as usual

@Shree: In your source system (ECC) do you have records, inserting new record for each update. If yes then it is straight solution in HANA.

Regards

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajkumar,

Thanks for the reply..

"Assuming ECC table does not contain history and has only current data then can we maintain history data through SLT"

Can you pls let me know what your mentioning from the above point..

Thanks,

Shree

rindia
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

My point: Is history data maintained in the table?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

No the history is not maintained in the table.

So we can maintain the History in the HANA tables with changes in the SLT transformation and we can use this table for our modelling.??

Thanks,

Shree

rindia
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shree,

This is what the question I asked to Tobias. Let's wait for his response.

Regards

Raj

tobias_koebler
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

sure. If you have exactly the scenario to build on HANA a history based application you could work with this approach and create for each new update on the source, a new entry on the HANA target system. On top you can model whatever you need.

Best,

Tobias