cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

from Bill to party need to create other partner functions

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

My user has created Bill to party number ex 1000007 ( through 0004 a/g group).In which General data and Comp code date maintained.

Now user wants to create other partners which should have the same customer number that is 1000007, how to achieve this?

When i was trying to create in test system by taking account group 0001 and entered 1000007 in customer number and entered sales area, then after maintaining the data all and saved then system given new number that is 1000035. But user wants to have same number for other praters as well.

I think we can achieve this by changing the account group of the customer 1000007 from 0004 to 0001( SP) right.

Have tested this in my IDES system seems to be working fine. Just wanted to cponfirm whether my approach is correct or not?

Kindly guide me.

Thanks,

I have asked this question by mistake in Career center hence again am asking this SD forum again.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

mahendra_jani3
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Surya,

You can change the Account Group of the customer if any transaction is not posted.

Do some more testing and then suggest the same to user.

Also, in other way, they can assign deletion flag to this customer and go ahead with completely new customer code creation.

Regards,

MJ.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Jani for your reply. So far there is not OTC transaction took place against this bill to party.

Initially only FI module was implemented hence they did the transaction only in FI module.

Now recently MM, SD modules also implemented hence they want to create total OTC cycle.

i have checked in VF05N if any transaction took place before. But i found no entries. Seems to be they have done before manually. so i think i can proceed with changing the account group right?

thanks,

mahendra_jani3
Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes Surya,

Infect other way out is to update your BILL TO PARTY partner function with mandatory to SP / SH /PY

And just extend the same in specific sales Area, System should create additional partner functions automatically.

Test it in IDES and let us know.

Regards,

MJ.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Jani for your reply.

Infect other way out is to update your BILL TO PARTY partner function with mandatory to SP / SH /PY

If go with the above i need to do the configuration, now there is no time, Since i need to do this on today only, through Xd07 option we chosen because it does not require any TR and i have done it using sentinel in Production.

Thanks

Answers (0)