cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can we assign a different scope of planning in MTO scenario?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are using MTO scenario. In this case, during sales order creation checking control AE is getting triggered. We want to use a different scenario during rescheduling transaction. But as per my analysis, V_V2 is also calling the same AE checking control eventhough we assigned a different checking control for Back order processing.

In this case, can we assign a different checking control (scope of check) for back order processing?

Regards.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Let me explain my requirement here....

This is a kind of trading or sub-contracting. Initially we will give the forecast to vendor...but Vendor will start the finished product production only after getting the confirmed order from us. Hence we thought to use strategy 50. So we will create a PO to Vendor only after getting a confirmed sales order from customer.

But in strategy 50 ATP confirmation is based on PIR. Hence we created a new requirement class (copy of 45 with ATP active). So in this new strategy ATP is against actual receipts instead of PIRs.

But sometimes Vendor may not be able to supply as per lead-time...and he may postpone the delivery date. In this case we are getting exception message 10 for the PO...even though PO is specific to a sales order. Still rescheduling job (V_V2) is not populating the new confirmation date as it is referring to the TRLT.

Hence we want to use ATP based on TRLT during sales order creation. And during rescheduling we want to use a different scope of check ('without TRLT' and with 'No storage location check'). Hence we created a new checking rule for rescheduling and this we assigned for that specific plant.

As per my observation, rescheduling job is not picking the scope of check that is assigned for rescheduling....it is calling the same checking rule AE during rescheduling also.

So my question here is... can we call a different scope of check during rescheduling run while using make to order strategy?

Regards.

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This is out of context question & suggestion for you. For these sort of MTO process, have you thought of Make-to-Order Using Assembly Processing based on Assembly type 4 - Planned Order(dynamic processing) to carter these sort of scenario?

Thanks, JP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Prakash for your reply. Actually I tried that. In that case system is creating procurement proposal during saving. So.. I am not getting sales order confirmation based on TRLT at the time of creation. Finally I am able to meet my requirement using enhancement.

Answers (0)