Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error in creating PCO Connector in SAP MII 14.0

former_member229176
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

We have successfully installed SAP PCo 2.3 in one of the servers. This PCo Server is independent of the server on which MII Application is installed. So DCOM had to be done and it was achieved successfully.

On PCo Server, in management console, we were successfully able to add Source System - PHD as shown below:

After that I created an instance of Source system and kept it running.

Now when I am trying to create a PCo Connector in MII 14.0, I am getting following error:

So I have few questions about it:

1) Am I missing any configuration step?

2) Is it mandatory to setup Destination System in Management Console as MII. I am getting an error while configuring MII system as destination system. Error is as follow:

3) Is it any per-requisite to Create a PCo Connector in MII?

4) Is there anyway I can browse the tags from Management Console only without using MII just to check connection to PHD?

Any help in this matter will be really helpful and will be appreciated.

Thanks,

Soham

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Soham ,

To browse the tags from PCo, goto subscriptions tab , click on browse button

you will be able to see list of tags available in the source system

For notification purpose it is required to connect to a destination system like MII not mandatory

Regards,

Subhani

former_member229176
Participant
0 Kudos

HI Mahaboob,

Please see my reply to Rohit. I am still facing an issue in runnign the tags from PCo.

Soham

former_member196557
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Soham,

Have you resolved this issue?  Tag Browsing errors that you have encountered, when connecting to remote OPC Servers, is almost always a DCOM configuration issue. Please confirm the following:

1. Did you install the OPC Core Components as instructed in the PCo Installation Guide?

2. Did you follow the DCOM configuration as provided by Honeywell?

3. What is the exact PCo version number?

4. Which version of Honeywell OPC Server is being used?

Regards, Steve

former_member229176
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Steve,

Yes, I was able to solve this issue. Issue was related to DCOM settings only.Also my account did not have enough access rights for the OPC PHD Server.

1. Did you install the OPC Core Components as instructed in the PCo Installation Guide?

Yes.

2. Did you follow the DCOM configuration as provided by Honeywell?

Now Yes. before, we missed out on few of them.

3. What is the exact PCo version number?

PCo 2.3.1

4. Which version of Honeywell OPC Server is being used?

Not sure about it.

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please mark this Discussion with a Correct Answer and Helpful Answer where appropriate.  See http://scn.sap.com/community/support/blog/2013/04/03/how-to-close-a-discussion-and-why   Even if you discovered the solution without any outside contributions, it helps others to understand what the solution turned out to be.

Regards, Mike
SAP Customer Experience Group - CEG

0 Kudos

Hi Soham ,

Is the issue resolved??

0 Kudos

Hi Steve,

Am able to connect to other servers using PCo, But for 1 server when I am getting the issue

Error occurred while fetching the PCo agent list; WSDL could not be found for URL.

Regards,

Priyanka

former_member229176
Participant
0 Kudos

HI Priyanka,

Yes, the issue is resolved. The problem was I had to put server IP wherePCo is installed adn port as 50050 into Proxy Configuration of MII Server Menu.jsp > System Management > System properties as shown below:

I hope it helps.

Soham

0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Soham,

MII PCo Connector will communicate to a Agent created over a source system. So you need to create an Agent in PCo.

So the Flow is like this:

Source System-->Agent-->MII PCo Connector

The Destination System is created if you want to push some data from PCo to another system like MII through Notification Service.

For Viewing the tags go to the Tag Query tab of the Agent.

For the problem regarding the PCo Management WSDL:

1. Check whether the PCo Management service is running(Given the PCo Management URL in a browser and if it works there that means the service is running)

2. Check the Proxy configurations in MII at System Properties screen.

check this thread also:

Regards,

Rohit Negi.

former_member229176
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Rohit,

Thanks for the reply.

I have following queriesabout the answer that you have given:

* For Viewing the tags go to the Tag Query tab of the Agent.*

I get following screen in Tag Query tab of the agent instance:

Not sure how can run the tags?

** 1. Check whether the PCo Management service is running(Given the PCo Management URL in a browser and if it works there that means the service is running) **

I tried running PCO Mgmt URL in browser of PCO Server but it gave me 'Cannot Display Page' Error? How do I know or start PCo Mgmt Service?

Let me know if you need more information.

Soham

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Soham,

You can see the tags at "Subscription Items" tab.

You will find the PCoManagement service at services of the windows(services.msc).

regards,

Rohit Negi.

former_member229176
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Rohit,

I checked and found that PCo Mgmt service was not started. SO I started it and now I am able to get the XML when I open PCO Mgmt URL in the browser of PCo Server

But,

When my agent is running, I don't get Browse button enabled in "Subscription Items" tab.

When I stop the agent instance, I can see Browse button enabled in "Subscription Items" tab. But when I click on browse, it gives me following error:

Not sure what's wrong?

Soham