cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Relay Server windows service not starting

0 Kudos

Hi All

Hope you all well. Please assist with the bellow issue.

Our relay server windows service has suddenly stopped running and it cannot be restarted - Please see bellow image. there has been a change of password in the AD account that was assign to the service but I have since updated the service password to match the AD account user password but it still didn't work. please assist

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Stop all the services in the below mentioned order:

Relay--> SUP/SMP-->Data tier

Change the service account password where ever required ( SUP also if applicable)

Bounce all the sevices again in the below mentioned order:

Data tier-->SUP/SMP-->Relay.

Let me know if this works.

Thanks,

Shiv

0 Kudos

Hi Shivkumar

Thanks for your feedback, I have tried your suggestion but with no luck. I have also deleted the service and create it from scratch but still with no luck.

Any other suggestions?

RGDS

Ted

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ted,

can you explain how you changed the password for the relay service. If the relay service stopped working after change of password, then it must be a password update issue.

Thanks,

Shiv

0 Kudos

We are logging onto the relay server box using an AD account. It seems like the AD account was not configured correctly since it required a password reset after 30 days. we then did a password reset on the account and update the relay server service logging credentials.

Former Member
0 Kudos

you said, "update the relay server service logging credentials.", how did you do that. Generally the procedure is to stop the services as i have explained and change the password. The process is,

1) Go to server manager

2) right click on relay service and click on properties.

3) Click on LogOn tab and then upadte the password.

4) Bounce all the services.

Did you update in the similar method?

Thanks,

Shiv

0 Kudos

Hi Shivkumar

Thanks for your feedback, that's how I've updated the service password. However, with the help of SAP, I have discovered that:

1. The user AD user account did not have permission to access the relay server - gave the user full control

2. The relay server service was recreated in attempts to fix this issue, during the recreation of the relay server in cmd, the log path specified was incorrectly - changed the path in: regedit-->control_set01->service->paramaeters

Now I am currently configuring Afaria to communicate with the relay server.

Thanks again for your assistance

Ted

Answers (0)