cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interchangeability w/FFF class challenge

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am trying to solve an interesting problem using CTM FFF class. I was wondering if I have to take the custom route to address this issue.

Scenario: (FG- Finished good, COMP-Component)

FG-1 has COMP-1 . After few weeks the BOM is revised and now FG -1 has COMP -2.

There is still supply on COMP 1.

COMP 1 and 2 both have 10 weeks production horizon.

With standard FFF class (COMP-2 as leading product) the planned order on COMP 2 is generated from left over supply of COMP 1  in week 11 (after the production horizon).

But ideally the if the supply on COMP1 is in current week then the planned order on FG also should be in week 1, not after the production horizon. If i run CTM with setting "Ignore master data setting' it creates a planned order in COMP 2 in week 1 and then uses that supply to plan FG in week 1. But that is correct because COMP 2 has 10 weeks production horizon.

Please let me know if this is a limitation or if there is any setting I am missing or if I have to go with a custom development.

Thanks.

Sai.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member190993
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sai,

Interesting scenario indeed. I think its an standard behavior only that the comp2 (leading product) planned orders is generating after production horizon as the CTM will not create an order for this before this horizon. Also, if you create an order in week1 by ignoring the horizon, you will loose on horizon period for comp2.

Try out  by removing the horizon at comp2 to see if the order is generating in week1 itself.

Regards,

Umesh