cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removing OLD agent in Wily after upgrade to NW7.4 java

Former Member
0 Kudos

All experts!

We have a pure JAVA AS (not portal), running NW7.02.  It is connected to Solman 7.1 sp10 and all the SLD, LMDB, Managed sys config stuff.

And so Wily works fine, and sees the "JC00" instance.

OK, so we upgraded to NW7.4, and went through all the stuff to check the SLD, LMDB, etc.  Now, at this time with the upgrade, the instance name is "J00".  So I had to go into managed system setup, in step#5 "Enter Landscape Parameters" and change the /usr/sap/UDM/JC00 to /usr/sap/UDM/J00 for the instance and for server0.

I did all that, restarted SAP on the UDM instance, restarted the Diag Agent, and restarted the SAP Host Agent.

We're AIX 6.1 on Power64 by the way,

But the thing is the "OLD" JC00 instance still shows up in the WILY Workstation:

and also, it shows up in the /usr/sap/DAA/SMDA97/SMDAgent/log/SMDAgentApplication.9.log

Mar 3, 2014 3:45:47 PM [Thread[ExRun:WILYHOST_SCHEDULER_1,5,WILYHOST_SCHEDULER:ExecTG]] Warning    com.sap.smd.wily.hostagent.action.AbstractAction - run(): Action SAP GC|UDM_JC00_server0 not running because status is WAITING_FOR_DESTINAT

ION

and in /usr/sap/DAA/SMDA97/SMDAgent/log/smdagent_trace.7.trc

hread[SAP GC|UDM_JC00_server0,5,WILYHOST_SCHEDULER:ExecTG]##0#0#Error##Java###com.sap.smd.wily.hostagent.action.GcScannerAct

ion - doRun(): Action temporarily stopped: SAP GC|UDM_JC00_server0

[EXCEPTION]

{0}#1#com.sap.smd.wily.hostagent.TransientException: java.io.FileNotFoundException: /usr/sap/UDM/JC00/j2ee/../work/std_server0.out (A file or directory in the path name does not exist.)

at com.sap.smd.wily.hostagent.action.AbstractAction.handleError(AbstractAction.java:389)

at com.sap.smd.wily.hostagent.action.GcScannerAction.scanInitial(GcScannerAction.java:412)

at com.sap.smd.wily.hostagent.action.GcScannerAction.doRun(GcScannerAction.java:149)

at com.sap.smd.wily.hostagent.action.AbstractAction.run(AbstractAction.java:85)

at com.sap.smd.wily.hostagent.Scheduler$RunnerAdapter.run(Scheduler.java:165)

at com.sap.smd.server.exec.TaskRunner.run(TaskRunner.java:46)

at com.sap.smd.server.util.concurrent.PooledExecutor$Worker.run(PooledExecutor.java:781)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:679)

Caused by: java.io.FileNotFoundException: /usr/sap/UDM/JC00/j2ee/../work/std_server0.out (A file or directory in the path name does not exist.)

So I guess my question is, how do I tell Wily that the UDM_JC00_server0 is gone for good, and quit looking for it?

Hope that makes sense!

Thanks,

NICK

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I believe the monitored instances will be configured upon installation of the Diagnostics Agent. Maybe you could just try to reinstall (uninstall, install) the Diagnostics Agent on the AS JAVA host?

Answers (0)