cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Repeated operation confirmation in SAP ME

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I have a situation where an SFC can be cycled through an operation more than once due to logging of non conformance and sending it to rework area. When I log NC in the operation on the main routing and click on "Complete", it sends the SFC to reork area as defined. SFC is then sent back from rework to this operation again after closing NC. A confirmation to ECC is sent.

When I start the same operation again and log another NC and "Complete", the SFC goes to rework again but at the same time one more confirmation for this operation is triggered to ECC.

In the SAP ME help for Repeated operation confirmation, it is mentioned that if an operation marked as ERP step is completed for the second or subsequent times, SAPMEINT sends a production yield confirmation with the IV_2ND_TIME_CONFIRMATION tag to notify SAP ERP about the rework but does not increase production yield quantity for that operation.

But I do not see this IV_2ND_CONFIRMATION tag in original document, request or response in the trace report.

Can some one please explain if I am missing any configuration or it is a different issue altogether?

Thanks in advance,

Srinivas

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

williamson
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

This functionality is available in SAP ME 6.1.4 release - can you confirm that you are using this version.

Thanks

Steve

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Steve,

This is with reference to repeated operation confirmation.

We have now installed ME 6.1.4 and have tested the scenarios. But the situation is till the same i.e. even when I rotate / recycle the SFC between an ERP step and rework / quarantine area after logging NC and completing it by "Complete" button, multiple yield confirmation is posted to SAP ECC.

The ERP Step operation is also marked as rework step in ME routing configuration.

IV_2ND_TME_CONFIRMATION tag is not seen in original document, request or response document.

Am I missing some thing in collaboration link and directive maintenance or system rule?

Would be thankful to you for any lead on this.

Thanks

K S Srinivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Steve,

Thanks for the reply.

We are on 6.1.3 and will be doing a patch upgrade to patch level 3 to meet some of the other requirements.

From your comment it appears that we will have to go for version 6.1.4? Would there be any work around for this?

Thanks

Srinivas

williamson
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Unfortunately no work around.

Thanks

Steve