cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer posting and Certificate of Analysis (BWUL)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Moderator note:  I broke this off from discussion

Please refer to the discussion for any background.

**********************************************************************************************************************

This has been an interesting thread, and it's circling around the issue I am having, but I can't tell if this thread answers my question or not.  I'll ask here so as not to proliferate duplicate threads:

I am in an environment where the business produces and tests finished goods in satellite plants and then moves them to a central DC via STO.  When I try to create COAs from the central DC, the COA program cannot find the results or specifications.

I had the idea to change the profile to look at the production chain (thinking the batch in the production plant was part of the production chain of the identical batch in the DC).  When I did this, the program could not find the correct specifications.  I have been messing with the configuration around the results and specification origins with no success.

I feel like this should be possible, but I can't figure out what I am missing.  Is SAP able to create a COA from a central DC for a material/batch that was produced in a satellite plant and sent via STO?

Message was edited by: Craig S

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

1) in the BWUL make sure in configuration setup it is set to include stock transports.

2) You don't indicate where you maintain your specs.  In operations like this you should try to be reporting specs and results from the batch.  But I'm guessing you might be keeping the spec in the inspection plans only.

3) in the COA profile, you can create your own custom FM for "results origin" and for "results specs".  You may need to create them if you keep your specs in the plans and not in the batch records.

Craig

Former Member
0 Kudos

Agreed on point 2, but we were too far down the line to go back on our batch characteristic makeup.  We did indeed use some custom logic the results origins FM.

Answers (0)