cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error reading job logs of Apps server from Central Instance

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus,

We have newly installed system with one CI ( cluster environment) and 2 application Instances.

Systems are recently installed by other team. I am looking into support part after handover.

We have noticed below error while reading failed background job logs from our CI. If suppose any job is failing, we can read respective job log from that application instance but it throws error while reading job log from CI to either of application instance.

I checked /sapmnt/SID/global is shared among all 3 servers and i am successfully able to "Touch a" from applications instances.

Even though i have given "777" permissions to all folders like  /sapmnt/SID , /sapmnt/SID/global , /sapmnt/SID/global/400JOB*

I am not able to read job log from CI , for same failed job I can read job log from respective application instance.

Error log :

Error reading job log JOBLGX00080700X39290

Message no. BT167

Diagnosis

The background processing system was unable to read the job log named in the message.

This message suggests that there is a problem with the TEMSE storage system of the SAP system.  The TEMSE storage system is a repository for temporary objects, such as job logs and spool requests. Job logs are always stored in the TEMSE as operating system files.

This error occurs if the TEMSE system is not able to find or access the file that contains the text of the job log that you requested. Possible causes for the loss or unavailability of the job log include the following:

• Someone deleted the required TEMSE file (from the operating system, not from within the SAP system).
  • A CRON (or equivalent scheduler) job has deleted the TEMSE file.
  • The file system in which the TEMSE stores its files is not mounted or is not accessible (NFS problem, disk failure, or similar problem).
  • The TEMSE reorganize or consistency check functions were used within the SAP system and deleted the job log.

SM21 logs :

Error 2 for write/read access to a file. File = /usr/sap/SID/SYS/global

BP_JOBLOG_SHOW: Failed to display jobs. Reason:

> Error reading job log JOBLGX00080700X39290

Strange this is I can check failed job log on one application instance frfom other application instance but not from CI.

Kindly throw some lights where to check.

Regards,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

Respective issue is due to non-sharing of /sapmnt/SID/global folder via cluster.

It is now shared as manually on respective hosts, although its a same common mount point via all apps server and CI server still facing this issue.

We will take downtime and will update cluster mount point.

Which should resolve this issue hopefull.y

Regards,

Shravan

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please attach output of ls -l command for job log files form CI instance.

former_member187565
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Shravan,

Please do one thing goto sm51 -> Goto -> Host Name buffer-> reset -> Entire System and check .

Regards,

Rafikul

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shravan,

I guess it is related to permission to /sapmnt/SID/global folder. Please ensure owner is sidadm:sapsys in all the systems viz CI, App servers etc.

Check the mounting options are correctly set with read/write mode.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Deepak Kori