Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

QM user status profile

former_member225891
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am having scenario that my UD should not happen without stock posting.

I am having inspection type 04 with early inspection lot check, so inspection lot is created during order processing, and there is background job running every 30 mins, so what happen is when lots created during order, UD is posted even there is no quanity is assigned to that lot and even without GR of of that order and stock remains in quality even though UD is done, so I am trying to create user status profile to prevent this, please help me for setting of this scenario.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Create User status profile in OIBS. Create Status Profile with Object type as following.

1. Insp. lot w/o plan or char.
  2. Insp. lot with plan and char.
  3. Insp. lot with plan w/o char.

Create 2 user status as UD Not allowed & UD Allowed.

Keep UD Not allowed as initial status. For this status, set Change usage decision as forbidden.

For UD allowed status, keep Complete inventory posting as Set.

Assign the created user status profile to your inspection type in IMG path. Then try the functionality.

former_member225891
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Maheswaran,

Thanks for reply

Somehow my second status is not set automatically, I have done many scenarios but still my second status is not setting up auto even though setting for set second status maintained correctly, what could be the problem.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have applied this logic in my previous client, It has been working perfectly.

Hope, all the Quality stock has been transferred to different stocks & there is no open / pending stock lying with inspection lot.

Whats the current status of your Inspection lot for which it is not working??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Create User status profile in ZQM01. Create Status Profile with Object type as following.

1. Insp. lot w/o plan or char.
  2. Insp. lot with plan and char.
  3. Insp. lot with plan w/o char.

Create 2 user status as UD Not allowed & UD Allowed.

Keep UD Not allowed as initial status.

For UD allowed status

Assign the created user status profile to your inspection type in IMG path. Then try the functionality.

former_member225891
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

Now my status is changing automatically ( problem was no authorization to change status automatically)

But I am having different issue, as my UD is to be done by Job with UD code, that UD code will post stock to assigned stock type, so this is working only when i will first post stock in UD and save and then it allow me to do UD, but it should happen in one time.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Devidas,

I am not gettign your problem. Can you please explain me more for the same?

Sandip

Former Member
0 Kudos

in selected set UD code maintain posting proposal as 'VMENGE01 To unrestricted use'

then don't maintain any user status profile.

Auto job will take ud and post stock automatically

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have you configured Automatic Stock Posting at UD level?? 

If so, you can continue without any user status profile. System will post the required UD code with stock posting.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Devidas,

Also you need to click on Stock screen backgr. to post stock into unrestricted automatocally.

If you set this indicator, the stock quantity that is still outstanding is automatically posted in accordance with the stock posting proposal in the usage decision code, when you save the usage decision.

You cannot prevent this transfer posting. You also do not need authorizations for the transfer posting.

Sandip

former_member225891
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sandip,

I am working on 04 inspection type with early inspection lot check, so my lot is created during process order. and I have set a job for Auto UD for every 15 mins, so when that auto UD program running it assigns UD code to the lots in which there is no stock posted yet as my process order is still is not delivered, so the lot is status UD but my stock moves to quality after delivery of process order. so I need UD should be done only after stock tab is there in my 04 lot in UD.

former_member225891
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Problem is not background posting, it is already defined, but if there is no stock to that lot then UD happens.

My scenario is below

I am working on 04 inspection type with early inspection lot check, so my lot is created during process order. and I have set a job for Auto UD for every 15 mins, so when that auto UD program running it assigns UD code to the lots in which there is no stock posted yet as my process order is still is not delivered, so the lot is status UD but my stock moves to quality after delivery of process order. so I need UD should be done only after stock tab is there in my 04 lot in UD.

Former Member
0 Kudos

For your scenario, the given solution with user status is working or not??

As automatic UD configuration doesn't have option to check the status, it will run as per the job program scheduled frequency.

Make Automatic UD waiting time in (hrs) value appropriately by considering the Process Order completion time. By having that, even though job runs every 15 min, UD will not happen for the Inspection lot.

Note: The number of hours entered here must have expired after creation of the lot, before the system makes an automatic usage decision for the corresponding inspection lot.

former_member225891
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

Is there any way to add any new business transaction in status profile or to modify current business transaction in status profile

Former Member
0 Kudos

Not possible to add / modify any business transaction.

former_member221025
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Devidas,

What I Understood is You do not want Auto UD program to set UD for Early inspection lots if process order is not confirmed. I don't know how will you manage if Partial quantity is confirmed.

SAP Documentation says (Early goods receipt inspection):

Recommendation: Avoid making a usage decision for this type of early inspection

lot before any goods receipts have been posted. The usage decision will then

have a stock quantity of 0, but will not have the status completely credited.

This means that any following goods receipts will be posted into the stock for

this inspection lot. You must then credit this lot from the stock quantity

yourself, even if you do not intend to perform further checks.

It looks to me a Valid requirement. Raise an OSS message with SAP at www.service.sap.com

Amol.

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Make sure you have at least one required characteristic in the lot.  Because your MIC's are all optional, (or maybe you have no MIC's?), here is nothing to stop the UD. 

Craig