Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WorkManager 6 - Additional fields do not get deleted

oliver_kaluscha3
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have an issue with WorkManager 6.0 Enhancement.

I have added custom fields to the Workorder object. To do this, I have created a ZWORKORDER class that handles these fields with its setter and getter methods and have as well created ZBAPI and ZSTEPLET classes and configured these in the config panel.

We have added a new structure to the workorder as well.

Downloading the information works fine - it is displayed properly and all data if handeled correctly.

If I now delete the workorder form the device with a sync, it seem to work fine as well - until the last workorder is removed.

If there are no workorders left, it will display text of the last order on the screen in the first tab. Some of the fields I did add are filled and the description if filled as well. The complete rest of this item is empty.

In my finding the additional structure is removed and if I enter the Agentry Test Environment the data is gone there as well. So there is no workorder left or anything like.

So my question: what do I have to do to remove the additional fields and clear them correctly? Do I need to change the REMOVE Bapi and Steplet or have I done wrong something else?

Is there a guide around so I could compare if I did something wrong?

I implemented my own ZRemove classes to be able to debug, but even that did no throw any more light on it.

Thanx a lot for your help.

Oliver

Tags edited by: Michael Appleby

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jason_latko
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Oliver,

This is a bug in the Workmanager application.  Specifically, a bug in the Agentry platform when it attempts to clean up a Tile Display control after there are no longer any objects because of a deletion.  I have run into the scenario you are describing on another project.  You aren't doing anything wrong, but need to use some trickery to correct this.  If it is just the main detail screen that wont clean up, add another copy of the detail screen to that screenset, call it DetailEmpty or something like that.  Leave all the fields positioned as they should be, but remove all the object mappings and update rules on the fields so they never display anything.  Next add an enable rule on the new screen that checks to see if the COUNT of the workorders collection equals zero.  Put the opposite enable rule on the original detail screen that checks if workorder count > 0.  That way only one or the other screen will ever be displayed, and when there are no workorders, you will see blank fields.  This workaround is required until Agentry can correct the platform defect.

Jason Latko - Senior Product Developer at SAP

Answers (0)