cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to force a re-calculation of a formula (pricing)?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello gurus,

I'm facing a big problem regarding the use of custom conditions for SAP pricing. We have created a new pricing condition (ZFR1) and binded it to a custom formula, this condition is a percentual, it updates de field KBETR. Everything works fine at first, using VA01 all fields are filed according to our configuration, but using VA02 and updating the total amount of a item doesn't update the total value of that item (KWERT).

Ex.: We have one item with a total of $100,00 and the condition is 1%, the amount in this condition is $1,00, if we change the total value of the item (by changing its quantity) to $200,00 the formula will again be called in the ABAP, the 1% we had configured will be carried to the condition correctly but the total amount of the condition will still be $1,00 instead of $2,00. If we create the order from the begining with the total value of $200,00 the total of the condition will be $2,00.

With this in mind I can only assume the calculations are correct but for some reason the standard ABAP doesn't execute on every update of a item but only on the creation of it. Has someone faced similar problem? How could I solve it? Can I somehow force this update every time a item has some value changed? Or maybe someone could show me where I can find the routines that does this kind of calculations and I can study whats wrong.

Thanks in advance,

Gross, Fabio

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

eduardo_hinojosa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Check if there is any requirement for this condition in pricing procedure (V/08).

See also note 24832 - Pricing rules / TVCPF as a checklist.

Regards

Eduardo

PD Check also in MV45AFZB the subroutines  userexit_new_pricing_vbap and  userexit_new_pricing_vbkd. Look for in your conding (userexits, vofm and so on) if there is any condition for T180-TRTYP.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Eduardo, I've read the SAP note you pointed and checked the exits too. I find that we have some old modification in this exit (custom code - USEREXIT_NEW_PRICING_VBKD) that prevents the conditions to be updated freely, now its just a matter of allign the two requeriments.

Thanks again for your help, and you too Jyoti Prakash.

Best regards,

Gross, Fabio

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This standard and even logical. Not every change in sales order header or item updates pricing. Please following SCN thread which can help you in your understanding:

-

Thanks, JP