Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

jcontrol.exe is not getting started in JAVA only system

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

My SAP environment is: Window Server 2003

DB: MS SQL

When I am trying to bring up java instance. THE SCSXX part is coming up but JCXX is not, where jcontrol.exe is not coming up.

Below are the logs of bootstrap node:

[Mar 3, 2014 2:01:21 PM  ] Exception occurred:

com.sap.engine.bootstrap.SynchronizationException: Database initialization failed! Check database properties!

at com.sap.engine.bootstrap.Bootstrap.initDatabaseConnection(Bootstrap.java:477)

at com.sap.engine.bootstrap.Bootstrap.<init>(Bootstrap.java:147)

at com.sap.engine.bootstrap.Bootstrap.main(Bootstrap.java:946)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:324)

at com.sap.engine.offline.OfflineToolStart.main(OfflineToolStart.java:81)

----------==[ Caused by: ]==----------

com.sap.engine.frame.core.configuration.ConfigurationException: Error occurred: Secure Store lib Dir does not exist \\<hostname>\sapmnt\SID\SYS\global\security\lib\tools

I have already checked mostly SCN posts on this issue.

My /usr/sap is already pointing to saploc and sapmnt Share names and SIDadm and SAPservicesSID both users have full permissions for the sapmnt folder

the values at configtool ->....-> configuration manager values are also fine.

Please help what else could be the issue.

what else to be done if its related to sapmnt

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everybody,

I had copied the secure store files from E:\usr\sap\SID\SYS\global\security\data to E:\usr\sap\SID\SYS\global\security\lib\tools after that the error

com.sap.engine.frame.core.configuration.ConfigurationException: Error occurred: Secure Store lib Dir does not exist \\<hostname>\sapmnt\SID\SYS\global\security\lib\tools

is gone.

But right now I am only left with error where I changed databasename value in secure store in configtool

Below is the bootstrap.log

at com.sap.engine.offline.OfflineToolStart.main(OfflineToolStart.java:81)

Caused by: com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerException: Cannot open database "SID" requested by the login. The login failed.

Reagan
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello

Open the configtool and set the password for the schema user and the Administrator user in the Secure Store area and save it. Make sure the users are not locked at the database level.

Restart the J2EE system.

Regards

RB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Benjamin and all,

Configtool is neither showing secure store settings not its connecting to db.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Could you also try restarting your server and also if you have backup of j2ee directory then replace it with it. Then there will be no issues.

BR,

Apoorv

former_member185239
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Harsh,

Goto the directory

you need to check whether the mount point is accessible or not.

1. \\<hostname>\sapmnt\SID\SYS\global\security\lib\tools

2. Check the libraries under the tools directory.

3. If configtool is opening properly then there is no problem with secstore.properties files.

With Regards

Ashutosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashutosh,

Now unfortunately the configtool is also not opening.

Initially when configtool was opening, I went to secure store area and changed the databasename = ABC which is db of my system which is down from XYZ which is the db name of another system mounted on this machine, but since then the configtool is not coming up.

how to change the databasename parameter in secure store now as the configtool is not opening.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Harsh,

You could try using config tool via command line. Please refer to the link below:-

Command Line Config Tool - Administration of SAP NetWeaver CE - SAP Library

You should be able to change parameters. Additionally to change secure store parameteres, you can follow this thread:-

http://scn.sap.com/thread/1758921

By either of these steps, you should be able to change parameters of config tool.

Thanks,

Apoorv

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Apoorv and all,

The reply didn't help.

After changing the parameter databasename in configtool-> secure store the configtool is showing error cannot connect to database while system.log present under directory E:\usr\sap\SID\JCXX\j2ee\configtool shows below error:

\\\\<hostname>\\sapmnt\\SID\\SYS\\global\\security\\lib\\tools\\iaik_smime.jar#

#1.5 #001E904B7F7F0000000000052C091CEE0004F3C0F849FF13#1393910031710#/System/Database/sql/jdbc##com.sap.sql.jdbc.NativeConnectionFactory#######Thread[main,5,main]##0#0#Error#1#com.sap.sql.jdbc.NativeConnectionFactory#Java#com.sap.sql_0002#com.sap.sql.log.OpenSQLResourceBundle#SQL error occurred on connection {3}: code={0,number,integer}, state="{1}", message="{2}".#5#4060#S0001#Cannot open database "SID" requested by the login. The login failed.#jdbc:sqlserver://BLRKEC142276D:1433;databasename=SID#<null>#

Former Member
0 Kudos

First could you check whether you are able to login to database using R3trans.

Try this command:-

r3trans -d

Check if return code is 0000, otherwise it might be DB issue.

Thanks,

Apoorv

deeraj_shetty
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Harsh,

Please maintain correct schema user and its password under secure store setting in configtool. Once done configtool will work fine.

Regards,

Deeraj Shetty

Reagan
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello

There will be bootstrap logs in the work directory. Can you provide them ?

950926 - System cannot start due to login SQLServerException

1656923 - Netweaver AS Java is not starting due to bootstrap related errors

Regards

RB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Harsh,

Did you tried updating kernel when this error occurred.

If that is the case then please check whether your new kernel version is supported for your installation. If the new kernel is not supported that system will not come up.

Otherwise, try increasing virtual memory of your system. That might help.

Thanks,

Apoorv Maheshwari

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Apoorv,

Thanks for the prompt reply.

The system was working fine before the Hardware team removed sapmnt mount point unintentionally

I created the mount point again. Hence I don't think the issue is related to kernel

P.S. one more Sap system shares the same sapmnt mount point after creating the sapmnt point that system brought up without any issue.

Reagan
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

After creating the mount point did you check whether the all files are present which were there before the hardware team removed the mount point ?

Regards

RB

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have matched the file structure with other systems present in the landscape.

No file is missing it seems.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Harsh,

Just check whether you have some jar files present under this location

\\<hostname>\sapmnt\SID\SYS\global\security\lib\tools

If they are not present then please copy those files from

usr\sap\SID\SYS\global\security\lib\tools location and try restarting the server.

See if that can help.

BR,

Apoorv

Reagan
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Go to the <Drive>:\usr\sap\SID\JC00\j2ee\cluster\bootstrap directory and check the value for the secstorefs.keyfile and secstorefs.secfile in the bootstrap.properties file.

Check whether those files are present.

Regards

RB

Former Member
0 Kudos

same files at both locations

Reagan
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

To provide assistance to your issue you need to co-operate by providing the requested information.

I have already asked for the trace logs and provided suggestions.

I didn't get a proper reply from you. So to get hep you need to supply the information that was asked.

Regards

RB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, Files are present.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Benjamin,

Please find the attached logs

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

how about the authorization?

Reagan
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

com.sap.engine.frame.core.configuration.ConfigurationException: Error occurred: Secure Store lib Dir does not exist \\blrkec142276d\sapmnt\BO1\SYS\global\security\lib\tools

I believe you are able to access this directory by entering this on an Explorer window:

\\blrkec142276d\sapmnt\BO1\SYS\global\security

If so then open the Configtool and then navigate to the ConfigurationManager under the dispatcher and server nodes and select the "SET" option and save.

Restart the SAP system.

Regards

RB