Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

client copy export/import space requirement

former_member143179
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Sir,

We have to refresh Quality Server client with the Production Server client data and for this we are given to understand that Export/Import procedure need to be followed .

Our Production client data size is 400GB  .

For Client export , Kindly guide us about the  free space sizes requirement in directory /usr/sap/trans at Production Server and Quality Server both .  As per my understanding  3 transport requests shall get created . I am confused whether these created transport request require space in Production or Quality Server .   Moreover while searching on sdn , I also came to know that client export need 1/10th size of actual client size , is it true?.

Kindly guide me please.

With Regards

B Mittal

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Reagan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello

Have you read this SAP note ?

118823 - CC-ADMIN: Size of a client

Also read this SAP note

552711 - FAQ: Client copy

Regards

RB

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mittal,

You can determine the size of source client using below steps

1.Test run normal client copy will give the size.

2) Review SAP note 118823 for Client size analyse.

3)run program YSTABSIZ.

4)run RSSPACECHECK report which we can run in SE38.or just do the TESTRUN while doing client copy.

Any of the above options can be used.

For 400 GB DB size , you may require atleast 10 GB free space in /usr/sap/trans folder.

My suggestion:

Client export import for such database will take more than a day.

Why not use db back and restore method to refresh quality . This is faster and more consistent in getting full data from production.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

sateeshtalluri
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear Mittal,

How can you tell required 10GB space? is there any formula for that please explain clearly