cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ABAP mappings

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Could you please throw some light on the ABAP mapping available in SAP XI. I could find that most of the time the user defined functions are wrote using JAVA, and also understand that the entire mapping runtime in XI falls in JAVA stack. My question is Ppl with ABAP knowledge, is it possible for them to write ABAP classes for some complicated mapping conversions, node functions etc ?.

Also help to understand on what circumstances we would generally go for ABAP mappings or What are the limitations that we have with ABAP mappings.

Could you also help me to identify some blogs( if any) posted on this subject for my reference.

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Start with this...........

/people/ravikumar.allampallam/blog/2005/02/10/different-types-of-mapping-in-xi

This document will help you to create ABAP Mapping .

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/com.sap.km.cm.docs/library/xi/3.0/how%20to%20...

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

ABAP mappings run on ABAP Stack and are developed in the ABAP workbench of the Integration Server.

You normally do not need to use the ABAP mappings and is preferable for someone with ABAP programming background. I should say JAVA functions would suffice any complex scenarios.

Thanks

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

The mapping comparisons

/people/udo.martens/blog/2006/08/23/comparing-performance-of-mapping-programs

The How-to-guide

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/5c46ab90-0201-0010-42bd-9d030259...

Testing ABAP Mapping

/people/sameer.shadab/blog/2005/09/29/testing-abap-mapping

An ad-on

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2006/09/20/xi-abap-mapping-logs--more-standard-better-visibility

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes it is possible to write ABAP Mapping.In general we go for ABAP mapping we we are dealing with more number of colums or most complex type structure which is related to R3 Objects like IDoc .etc , then we go for ABAP mapping . The communication with R3.

See the below links related to ABAP mapping.

abap mapping - /people/alessandro.guarneri/blog/2006/03/05/managing-bulky-flat-messages-with-sap-xi-tunneling-once-again--updated

/people/r.eijpe/blog/2005/11/04/using-abap-xslt-extensions-for-xi-mapping - Using ABAP XSLT Extensions for XI Mapping

Regards

Chilla