cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP HANA: Is Full Outer Join not supported through Graphical models?

former_member182302
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Revision:68

If am not wrong i remember the option of "Full outer Join" in the list. Currently i see that "Full Outer Join" is still supported through SQL script but i wonder why it is now not supported through Graphical models.

These are the join options i get currently:

Attribute View:

Analytic View:

Calculation View:

Just wondering why the "Full Outer Join" option is removed?

Regards,

Krishna Tangudu

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

rindia
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

I think(if my memory is good) there is no such option available.

Regards

Raj

former_member182302
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Well everybody here saying it was not there. Then i might have mistaken to see it before (may be )

But would still want to know why that option is not given though ...

Regards,

Krishna Tangudu

0 Kudos

Hello Krishna,

I also got such problems and I got information from development support that:

Currently in modeler, we do not support Full Outer join for graphical based calculation views.

For your reference.

Regards.

Ryan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

It never has and I doubt it ever will be available. As for why - you'd have to ask the development team.

A workaround in the case of aggregation is Union with Constant Values - it behaves the same as Full Outer Join with aggregation. Then you can filter further to simulate Left/Right/Inner Join.

former_member182302
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jody,

In the pretty earlier versions, when i was myself preparing for HANA certification may be in SP2 i think i remember having this option and after that never came a time when i wanted to use that.

While yesterday i was trying to work on this document

(based on your document)

i realized that this option is not there and hence i opened the thread may be someone from development team says why it is not given.

Am expecting an answer like UNION is always better than JOIN and hence that option is not given itself??

Well i am waiting for an answer from them

Regards,

Krishna Tangudu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well I don't remember it being there at all, having started pre-SP1, but I don't always have the best memory.

As for UCV better than Full Outer Join - I do believe challenged you to prove out the performance in your article.   I'll place my bet with UCV.

Cheers,

Jody

former_member182302
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Regarding UCV's i also believe the same, it should perform better than a full outer join. But anyways better to have some stats which will prove either of the points.

Coming to other sections in the article like Intersection/Minus is where i am more interested to see which one will perform better.

As SAP also recommends to complete the model in Attr View/Analytic View instead of calculation View . I hope in those lines i can see some performance benefits But first now i need to search for considerable volumes of data...

Regards,

Krishna Tangudu