cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Image List For Button Edit Type Field

Former Member
0 Kudos

By reading the document in Sybook i came to know there is one button edit type. In that it says "An image can be defined for display in place of one of the available button controls. In this situation, the image referenced can be an image list, with each image in the list being a square and the same size".

Image list i want to use because i want to show two different image one for the normal and one for the selected.

By reading this line i came to know that there is image list but i don't know how to assign. In the button column there column for action where we can assign the action, after that there is another column for image there i can assign one one image. I don't know how to assign image list.

Please help me in this regard.

Amitoj

Tags edited by: Michael Appleby

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

Yes what ever Robert is telling is correct.

we are using using agentry platform for mobile and this term is related to sybase online. Please find below the link.

http://infocenter.sybase.com/help/index.jsp?topic=/com.sybase.infocenter.dc01951.0230/doc/html/Conce...

we are using button edit type in the fields tab of screen.

With in a  screen set there is a screen on click of one button i want to show user that this button is selected so when user has clicked the button image should change and normal when user has not clicked the button there will be different image. Plesae help in this regard.

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Amitoj,

Since there are quite a few technologies in the SAP for Mobile Community, it is strongly recommended that you add at least one tag which defines the technology which your thread is based upon.  I have already modified your tags to include "agentry" so those Agentry experts can filter the large number of daily postings to just those they are interested in.  People who are searching for answers for Agentry issues already provided can use the same filtering process.

Regards, Mike (Moderator)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

Thanks for the reply. Next time on wards i will keep tags in the mind.

Is it possible to have image list for the button edit type field? How to create image list and how to assign it to the button i don't know. Please help me in this regard.

Is there is any other way to change the button image when user taps on button?

Thanks in adavance.

jason_latko
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Amitoj,

What platform are you developing for?  I believe you are trying to add dynamic images to a push button on a detail screen?  The Button control on a detail screen has a Button tab.  On the button tab, there is a button image property.  Create a rule here rather than picking a static image.  In the rule, set up your logic any way you require, always returning an image name to be used.  So you could do something like this:

IF

EQSTR

MyObject -> Status Property

Started

START (image)

DEFAULT (image)

The above rule says that if the current object's status property is "Started", use the START image, otherwise use the DEFAULT image.  These image names must be defined as images in your application.

The rule will run and the correct image will be displayed on the button.  Image Lists were used initially on Windows clients to add dynamic images to list rows (not buttons), but this technique is not really used anymore.

Jason Latko - Senior Product Devloper at SAP

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Amitoj,

What is Sybook?  I don't recognize the term and have no idea what technology your question relates to.

Regards, Mike

SAP Rapid Innovation Group - RIG

RobEricsson
Participant
0 Kudos

I believe Amitoj is talking about SyBooks Online which is the title of the page for the SMP documentation on infocenter.sybase.com. The page referred to specifically is Button Field Edit Type part of the Agentry Language reference.

You can change the style of a displayed button using the Focused Buttons property and adding a style or rule, but I've not used it in conjunction with an image list. 

Rob

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Robert,

Good to hear from you and thanks for the insight.

To , can you please confirm that Robert is correct?

Thanks, Mike

SAP Rapid Innovation Group - RIG

Former Member
0 Kudos

If it is, on the screen you will want to create a new field on a detail screen with the type "Embedded Image" and on the "Image Cells" tab you will want to add an action to the cell.