cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to connect to MySQL back end in Syclo Agentry?

former_member197782
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I have worked on Syclo agentry with Non-SAP back end (MsSQL) and with SAP back end(Work Manager App).

But now I wanted to connect with MySQL Back end, I know that it is possible, because Syclo can deal with Oracle,IBM Maximo, MsSql and SAP(ERP,CRM...etc)

But how to connect with MySQL Back end. What is the procedure and the Configuration changes.

Could anyone help me out to find the way.

Thanks,

Swaroopa.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jason_latko
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Swaroopa,

You should be able to do this the same way you did with MS SQL.  Your dbConnectionType in Agentry.ini is still ODBC:

dbConnectionType=ODBC

Set up an ODBC DSN under the System tab of Control Panel -> Admisnistrative Tools -> Data Sources (ODBC) that can successfully connect to your MySQL Database.

Set your database user and password in Agentry.ini, and that should be it.

Jason Latko - Senior Product Developer at SAP

bill_froelich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Swaroopa,

You may also need to create/define your database globals if you are using SDML database tags in your queries.  For example  <<database.getSystemTime>> will evaluate differently for MySQL compared to SqlServer or Oracle

You will want to create a mysql_sd.ini file containing the various database SDML tags and their corresponding MySql values.  I would suggest copying the sqlserver_sd.ini and then update based on mysql syntax.

You will then want to update your Agentry.ini queryConstantFiles entry for the mySql backend settings to point to your new filename.

--Bill

Answers (0)