Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What other Application server supports PI

syedayubahmed
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

SAP PI has its own Application server ABAP & JAVA.

Can PI supports other application server like (Apache Tomcat, Geronimo,Jboss,Jetty,Jrun,Oracle,Resin,Web Sphere,Weblogic)

Br,

Ahmed.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ankit_srivastava3
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Ahmed,

SAP PI comes packaged with its own Application Server SAP Web AS.

Now, this SAP Web AS already have basic Netweaver Components installed like BASIS, Identity Management, etc.

For installing SAP PI, additional usage type is selected other than SAP Web AS which deploys PI related content onto it.

PI is an integration middleware product from SAP which comes with its own Application Server with an option to install it on a combination of OS-DB.

by "Can PI support other Application Server", if you mean "Can PI be installed on other Application server", AFAIK answer is NO.

But what is the use case?

Regards,

Ankit

syedayubahmed
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ankit,

Thanks for replay.

The use case is I have to compare SAP PI with other middle ware , In that I have to check what are other application server can PI be installed.

Ahmed.

ankit_srivastava3
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Ahmed,

If I get you correctly, you want to compare PI with other integration middleware. As I see it, there can be two parameters for comparison - one being functionality / features and other being performance.

I am sorry but I am unable to imagine a situation where you would require to find out the feasibility of installing PI on different application server.

Bottom line - In my opinion and experience, PI is only installed on SAP Web AS.

Regards

Ankit

syedayubahmed
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Ankit for your valuable information.

Yes, I have to provide comparison matrix with other middle ware. Other middle ware has feasibility of having using different application server as I said above.

Br,

Ahmed.

ankit_srivastava3
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Ahmed,

For comparison matrix based on features/functionality, there would be a direct list of features available and you can compare them.

For comparison matrix based on performance, you can try to find sizing guide for each of the middleware.

Alternatively, you can install different middleware on same set of hardware configuration. Design a basic set of scenario and then provide comparison based on size of the message, number of messages processed within a specified amount of time.

Regards,

Ankit

syedayubahmed
Participant
0 Kudos

Ankit,

Is there any standard SAP PI comparison matrix available, if so could u kindly provide me.

Ahmed.

ankit_srivastava3
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Ahmed,

I have not found any standard SAP PI comparison matrix but there are various posts over scn discussing separately SAP PI Vs TIBCO / IBM Web Sphere, etc.

There are some content available online doing exhaustive comparison but I can not vouch for the content.

If you come across one such exhaustive comparison matrix, please do provide the link.

Regards,

Ankit

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ahmed,

As  Ankit said the application server for PI only can be SAP Netweaver, but this doesnt mean that you can use another application server outside PI environment in an DMZ for example in order to connect internet with your PI placed in a MZ zone.

If you want to compare PI, you need to search another similar middleware tools like Microsoft BIztalk, IBM WebSphere, Oracle Fusion, etc

Regards.