Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Group UI element

narendar_naidu
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have gone thru different posts and tried the same,but could not resolve.

I have alignment problem between different group UI elements,which looks odd.

And can i disable or deactivate a group UI element,as i hv designed the view but binding context i want to do it at a later stage.

regards,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

narendar_naidu
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Thank u for all the replies,

my issue resolved using px in width .

one last concern, in what context we use px , em and % , does this depend on the type of layout we use.

And i m using the same properties for all the RB below, but still i get space in between the 3 radio buttons.

regards,

ramakrishnappa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Naren,

The size like px, em, ex are not used based on layouts.

Please refer the below link to understand the units of CSS

CSS Font-Size: em vs. px vs. pt vs. percent / Kyle Schaeffer

And i m using the same properties for all the RB below, but still i get space in between the 3 radio buttons.

To set the alignement of your radio buttons, properly, proceed as below

• Create a transparent container and include your radio buttons inside it
  • Similarly, you can create transparent container ui element if you wish to align other ui elements as per your requirement

Hope this helps you.

Regards,

Rama

narendar_naidu
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ram,

Thanks for the info on CSS. and Regarding RB's

i have created under TC only.

please guide me.

regards,

ramakrishnappa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Naren,

You can achieve your requirement as below

• Create transparent containers T_BP1,TC_BP2 inside BP_GRP group
  • Now, put RB_BP, RB_UMS & RB_MAN inside TC_BP1
  • Other ui elements inside TC_BP2

Hope this helps you.

Regards,

Rama

narendar_naidu
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ram,

Thank you and all for the prompt replies.

i have resolved my issues with your replies, and also gained knowledge.

Ram and Kiran, i have been following your posts since i have started learning webdynpro.

thanks for helping me and inspiring me.

regards,

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Naren,

Set the layout of ROOTUIELEMENTCONTAINER to grid layout and set its width to 100% and select stretched horizontally. Do the same to all the group UI elements available on your screen. This will adjust the width of all the UI elements on the screen. Hope this will resolve your issue.

Thanks

KH

ramakrishnappa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Naren,

If you want all the group ui elements to fit in same alignement, then please set the width of all group ui elements to 100%.

Now, the group ui elements occupy 100% area of your parent ui container and looks aligned properly.

Hope this helps you.

Regards,

Rama

former_member184578
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In the properties of Group UI, you can set the width of other Group to have the same size like the first one. Or, you can add an Invisible UI element inside Group UI to occupy some space.

can i disable or deactivate a group UI element

You can set the visibility property to None.

Hope this helps u,

Regards,

Kiran

narendar_naidu
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

Thanks for the reply,

In the width of the first group, i tried using 50%, or 150px for all the groups but still there no change.

For disabling,even after the visibility is set , it is asking for context binding.

i dont  want to bind the elements, as of now.

regards,

former_member184578
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Set the width in px say ( 300px, 350 px..)to have fixed value. After setting the width, did you test the result in browser or in the View Layout? Test the result in browser, If this still doesn't work, In the second group, create an Invisible UI( and set the width to that) next to Fourth Year input field to occupy some space, so that it will look the same size as like first group.

i dont  want to bind the elements, as of now.

Seems, you want to activate and test the result without binding few UIs, It's not possible as binding is mandatory. for time being, you can bind all the UI's to a dummy attribute in the context and test the result.

Hope this helps u,

Regards,

Kiran

ramakrishnappa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Naren,

You cannot skip the primary properties binding check, though you set the ui element's visibility property to None. i.e. if you hide the group ui element, it will not skip the binding check..

If you still need all the ui elements as is and binding to be done after some time, then I suggest you the below points

• Right click on GROUP ui element which you look to hide, and you can see the option "Save as Template"
  • Choose, "Save as Template" option and provide the template name like "my_layout" and description....
  • Click on "Save All Bindings" check box and save
  • Now, you can delete/remove the group ui element from layout completely
  • When you require later, you can use the template "my_layout" as below

Now, you will get back all your ui elements along with data bindings if any.

Hope this helps you.

Regards,

Rama