Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to pass current user credential for PAPI service execution

former_member206397
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

As per my requirement I am using the SAP ME PAPI WS to start the SFC. I have used the SAPME PAPI Interface action block in ME within BLS and searched the service and operation also. Required input parameter mapping is also done and I have successfully executed the BLS and SFC is started in ME. In SAPME PAPI Interface action block I have used Credential alias which is standard configuration in MEINT for user MESYS.

Now what I have seen is that, in ME the SFC is started by user MESYS. But I want to pass the user who is currently executing. Is there any way to pass the current user credential or session for executing the PAPI service. My final target is to use the BLS in IRPT through Xacute query.

Thanks in Advance

Chandan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Hi,

I guess you used credential alias for authentication within WS call block, but inside the WS request there is <me:UserRef> tag which specifies the actual user who is executing Start action. This user should be written to ACTIVITY_LOG and other tables of transactional production data.

Regards,

Sergiy

former_member206397
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sergiy,

It is only required for Sfc Start operation. It is a generic requirement for all PAPI WS. User ref is not available for all services. I have taken sfc Start operation as an example. But for  complete SFC operation there is no user ref. in Request structure. Then what would be our generic way to execute it through current user credential.

Thanks

Chandan

0 Kudos

Really? I have just checked ME 6.1 WS, and Complete request does have the same tag for user Ref.

So, normally for transactional data I would expect WS request to have this tag.

Regards,

Sergiy

former_member206397
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sergiy,

Could you please check

http://<Host>:<Port>/manufacturing-papiservices/SfcCompleteServiceWSService?wsdl&mode=ws_policy

for complete sfc service.  I am not getting user Ref field there. I am also using 6.1.3.0

Thanks

Chandan

0 Kudos

Yes, you are right: I've checked legacy WS request, not PAPI - and there I've found userRef tag.

Indeed, SFC Complete PAPI WS does not have userRef, and I do not see any reason for this because provided Labor On functionality, the SFC can be started by one user but completed by another. And I would expect SAPMEINT to use Credentail Alias just as a technical part of authentication rather than a source of transactional production data.

So, to me this looks like a bug.

Regards,

Sergiy

former_member206397
Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes Sergiy, for createNC (/manufacturing-papiservices/NCProductionServiceWSService?wsdl&mode=ws_policy) operation also there is no user ref. I don't know, may be it is bug for more number of PAPI WS operations.

Thanks

Chandan

0 Kudos

Please submit a support ticket with the list of these request against MFG-ME-API component.

Regards,

Sergiy

former_member206397
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sergiy,

Yes, I am also thinking the same to create a support ticket.

Thanks

Chandan

0 Kudos

Dear Chandan,

If you check Javadoc for Start papi webservice, you can see that UserRef is a deprecated tag and should not be used.

Br, Alex.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Has this been resolved in anyway? userID in the start and startsfc PAPI don't populate the userid in activity log. LogDCGroup seems to work. processLotService / removemember and others don't have the field available. Is there another way of populating the userid to the activitylog etc?

0 Kudos

The previous discussion ended up with SAP Note 2041029. Thus the user of authentication of the request should be recorded to ACTIVITY_LOG. If it is not, then this is a bug.