Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Use only GetList in SycBO-type S01, no GetDetail

norbertk
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

if I have a SycBO that get's all the data it needs from the GetList-BAPI-Wrapper, is it possible to omit the GetDetail-Wrapper in the SyncBo-definition? It seems not to work, but I would think it would be a good idea to offer this possibility. It could save a lot of RFC-calls for each entry of the GetList's return-table, for example...

Thanks and regards,

Norbert

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Norbert,

You cannot create a syncBO with only GetList BAPI wrapper (atleast upto SP 16). I am not sure about the reasons for the same.

Regards,

Rahul

norbertk
Participant
0 Kudos

hi rahul,

i'm even on 7.0 SP09. That's really a pity...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

Is that because of we dont have any export parameters in GETLIST.

But generally GETLIST is the mandatory while creating syncbo and remaining all are optional right.

According to me some work around can be done with the parameters of BAPI wrappers as such.

Cheers,

Karthick

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karthick & Nobert,

I am not sure why it is the case as it is.

I think SAP felt there would not be any business case where only headers will be present and no items.

I myself couldn't think of any technical reason for such an complusion. The reason of 'export parameters' not being in GetList does not indicate anything. The aim of GetList is to retrive only the Header Data, and that it can very well do without a GetDetail.

Regards,

Rahul

norbertk
Participant
0 Kudos

I also see no technical reason for the need to have a GetDetail. It's even possible to not implement the corresponding function module, i.e. just use it as a dummy.

Perhaps some MI product manager or developer reads this and we will have the possibility in a future SP...

Norbert

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Norbert,

Yes it is possible to design syncbos without GETDETAIL Bapi wrapper.

For example <b>CUSTOMER</b> is the header table and <b>EMAIL</b> and <b>ADDRESS</b> are the child tables for this header table.

So a customer can have many emails and many addresses.

So getlist Bapi wrapper will return all the header table information and getdetail bapi wrapper will return all the information relateed your child tables.

If you dont use any child tables in your application then you can use only getlist bapi wrapper in your Syncbo.

If you mention only GETLIST you will only see the header table information.

Hope this is clear and let me know if you need more information.

Cheers,

Karthick

norbertk
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Karthick.

But if I only enter the GetList-Wrapper on the detail-screen when creating a SycBo, I get the error-message "No Export parameter referring to header structure exists in GetDetail BAPI Wrapper". That's my problem...